Are the .17cals really All That?

Here's what it looks like now.
whistle.gif

IMG_0405.jpg

Just got my 17 LVSF a few days ago from a fellow from predator masters shot it yesterday and it was awesome, just need a fox or cat to show up may go this weekend and break it in, !!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: Ricky BobbyTim

Now that gets me excited!
w00t.gif
That's an LVSF in his hands, folks. Hmmm. looks like a red fox to me
lol.gif

Hey Borkon

I'm not sure if you ever told us the full specs on that 17-204 of yours ... could you please? It has got my interest. Never done a custom, but always trying to find a reason!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Ricky BobbyTim

Now that gets me excited!
w00t.gif
That's an LVSF in his hands, folks.
And what is that in his other hand? Oops, a little late on the draw.

Last edited:
I got 2870 f.p.s. with 23 gr. of 4831 powder.2940 fps with 23.5 gr. 4831 and 24 gr. got 3100. This powder really fouls the barrel fast.Black and sooty.Do a search on downloading with blue dot on this forum.Sounds like if you follow the loads given blue dot is the ticket.Just dont double charge.I shot a 30 lbs. female yote 2:30 last night with my 17 rem 700 classic,25 gr. berger match going 3650 mv 80 yards, D.R.T. saw him drop in the scope.Hit through low shoulder into heart,pinhole in nothing out.The only gun I like better is my 700 lvsf 17 rem.You gota love em.

First row: Bergers 15, 18, 20, 25, and 37vld
Second row: Hornady 17 vmax, 20 zmax, 20fmj, 20 XTP
Third row: HG? 20, 25 soft points
Fourth row: (single) Marty's 19gr cnc copper HP
Fifth row: custom 18, 23, both hp
Right single: Nagel 20
21o5xxy.jpg

Originally Posted By: mnshortdrawFirst row: Bergers 15, 18, 20, 25, and 37vld
Second row: Hornady 17 vmax, 20 zmax, 20fmj, 20 XTP
Third row: HG? 20, 25 soft points
Fourth row: (single) Marty's 19gr cnc copper HP
Fifth row: custom 18, 23, both hp
Right single: Nagel 20
21o5xxy.jpg

Shortdraw, you're the man! Thanks for posting that. That VLD is just plain wicked looking. I like the looks of that 25gr H-G. Much experience shooting many critters with that bullet?

I haven't shot anything with the soft points but I'm told they have quite a bit heavier jacket than the other stuff. The customs on the bottom are hand made. The jackets are made from 22lr brass. Pretty cool. I'll dig out some Kindlers and the 25 Nagels the next time I dig. I know I have more selection as well. I have a 13 gr copper hollow point coming that should be [beeep] on magpies and crows.

Originally Posted By: Song DogThe 17Tac, I have now is stupid accurate. I am getting another one done, just lighter.
I am pushing the 30 Golds about 3950
Dang, that's moving!

Originally Posted By: J.MarkCan you still get nagel bullets,how much are they a 100?
Chan is out of business until Berger will sell reasonable amounts of jackets. They have a 100,000 piece minimum order right now, maybe indefinitely. As much as I love Berger bullets, I really hate them right now.

Back