ARC Coup De Grace build...

Kino M

Staff member
Been eyeing these new American Rifle Company (ARC) Coup De Grace actions as I'm wanting to move to a 60 or 70 degree throw, I'm tired of banging my hands with regular Remington style actions under time in PRS.

The action is SUPER nice IMO, I haven't ran it yet but it would take it over any of my other customs that include Stiller, Surgeon and Defiance. They are priced super cheap surprisingly at $899 MSRP. MPA has moved entirely to building this action into all their custom guns so that was what lured me to try this action. Finally got it together this week.

Build specs are
ARC Coup De Grace action
Krieger 1/7.5tw 1.25" truck axle @28", made by Lane Shelley at Billet Precision Rifles in Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Chambered in 6BR
ACE muzzle break- big change for me, usually run a suppressor!
Triggertech Diamond, 5oz.
ARC Mbrace mount
Vortex G3 Razor 6x36
MPA Matrix Pro chassis

Engraving is a little loud but I wanted something different because at matches in the racks with 100 shooters they look similar!

Break in and load work to follow!

1000000203.jpg

1000000204.jpg
1000000205.jpg
1000000206.jpg
1000000207.jpg
1000000208.jpg
1000000209.jpg
1000000210.jpg

Almost to pretty to shoot. I'm going to move away from the 90 degree bolt throw myself. Once you've had time with her, let me know how you like the action overall.

Went to the range today and this thing looks very promising, once I get about 100 rounds I'll actually do a load work up. It was really windy here today so I didn't expect top results, just wanted to get my feet wet with it.

I had some random range brass I picked up at different matches that I sized and annealed to start with. I loaded 30gr of Varget and simply set it .020 off the lands and shot a 4 shot group, off to a decent start.

.22 MOA

KIMG20240421_163312053.JPG

Next I shot an 11 round group with my load from my other 6br, looks like I'll be able to run one load in two guns maybe!

.48 MOA!!!
KIMG20240421_163419911.JPG

KIMG20240421_163428748.JPG

Then I shot another 5 shot group with my old load and it was .23 MOA!
KIMG20240421_165150130.JPG

Accuracy potential is promising, can't wait to do the load work once it's sped up and test it in good conditions.

Velocity numbers was great as well, especially with a brand new bore.

This is a 10rd string with my old load of 30.26gr of Varget.
32967.jpeg

Great day at my range getting stuff ready for next weekends match!

KIMG20240421_153956250.JPG

Kino M,
Is the bolt knob fixed or does it spin/roll on the handle ?

Mine doesn't spin or roll. They make 2 options that is pretty slick, one is fixed and the other is a camming style that aids in extraction for hot loads and the magnums. They don't recommend it if your going to run a trigger under a 1 or so. I'm running a 4oz trigger so I chose the fixed handle.

The handle is threaded and they offer 3 different styles of bolt knobs

I have my barreled action, just waiting on a a LA Foundation to finish it up.
Mine's a 28" 300 Norma Imp, planning to send 250 Atips around 3000+

Always wanted a big boomer but actions were always sneaking up on $2000.
When the CDG came out at 800 bucks...I jumped on the pre order.

So, it does look like a shooter, but I can see a problem when you run one of your Remington actions in a PRS match. Those big paws of yours might bent the bolt handle when you try to yank it back at 60 degrees instead of 90. Tehee

So, it does look like a shooter, but I can see a problem when you run one of your Remington actions in a PRS match. Those big paws of yours might bent the bolt handle when you try to yank it back at 60 degrees instead of 90. Tehee

Mike I'll try not to bend it!

I have my barreled action, just waiting on a a LA Foundation to finish it up.
Mine's a 28" 300 Norma Imp, planning to send 250 Atips around 3000+

Always wanted a big boomer but actions were always sneaking up on $2000.
When the CDG came out at 800 bucks...I jumped on the pre order.

Nice! I'm doing a similar build as well. Making a regular 300nm to run 245 Bergers, 30" truck axle 1.25" strait, TT Diamond and I'm hung up on the MPA Matrix Pro but I'll definitely do a different color!

I think I'm going to top it off with a NF 7x35 ATACR with a regular mil r or mil c reticle. I really don't want any type of tree reticle as they tend to get in the way of splash if you miss low and I don't intend on using any type of holdover. 30MOA base and 20MOA will allow me to dial pretty dang far!

Every time I see a picture of your firearm station I am filled with envy! A place for everything and everything in its place(y)
Oh yeah, those weapons look good too:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nice! I'm doing a similar build as well. Making a regular 300nm to run 245 Bergers, 30" truck axle 1.25" strait, TT Diamond and I'm hung up on the MPA Matrix Pro but I'll definitely do a different color!

I think I'm going to top it off with a NF 7x35 ATACR with a regular mil r or mil c reticle. I really don't want any type of tree reticle as they tend to get in the way of splash if you miss low and I don't intend on using any type of holdover. 30MOA base and 20MOA will allow me to dial pretty dang far!
I've currently got my 7-35 NF on my 6 Creed...but I'm going to be moving it over to my Norma Imp when it's finished. I have not had your experience with tree reticles. Never had issue spotting splash. Every reticle I have on every scope I own is a christmas tree

Back