AR15 shooters, WHY ?

Yeah, I noticed that too, but at the time, I was living in Michigan, when I moved back down to the South, you would only see one of those weirdos once in a while.

She doth sing, and be wise to listenth to her, yet do not hearken unto her pleading, for her words drip with honey but her intentions are dark and far from the truth. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Originally posted by RawRedTBone:
[qb]Mickey McD: Who said I didn't like it, or don't like others doing it?[/qb]
The entire tone of your first post is one of condescending dissaproval. You flat out stated that you don't get it. Coming back with a claim that you might think it's great is contradictory to how you started out.

From your post:

Originally posted by RawRedTBone:
[qb]i don't get it ? What is up with these wannabe Rambos ? Do they really need XXXXXXX-Large milspec camo and combat boots to shoot off the bench at 100 yards ? And why do they feel the need to go around and annoy other people during cease fires ?[/qb]
Please explain how that could possibly be read in the context of liking it?

Ya all gotta love those AR'S....

the%20boys.jpg

Randy Watson has got me talkin Texan lingo now...

BTW-I'm the one with the camo pants on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif -MP

If I didn't know better, I'd say some people are sounding just a tad bit defensive.

Mr. Paul, that's quite a crew you have there! Remarkably well-groomed. Quite handsome, actually.

As I said, Tim Tom is quite the stud.

Mr. Locust... Well, nice helmet!

I would wear my PJ's to the range to shoot an AR. I live in Kali and can't get one. Some people are just idiots. You can't blame the AR for that.

hmmmmmm.....
RRTB,
Something in your last post sounds familiar....

Can't quite put my finger on it yet.

BTW- Yeah, us Pro Staff boys are a handsome bunch, along with our evil webmaster. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

No defensiveness here, just doing some good hunting with some quality AR's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif -MP

I agree with Mike, we use AR's and we use them well. one shot one kill.

Hey Critr, looks like your having some fun in your new home... I agree I like the hat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MP, you're right. There IS something familiar about TBones' style. However, I still think his lack of vernacular grace wasn't meant to be disruptive. He's just harmlessly crude. Intellegent, but not very respectful of the general populace.
When I go hunting, I use full camo, like most of us. When I go to the range I just wear shorts and a T-shirt. But, there are also those who come to our range in "costume" too. They look like Desert Storm Infantry with full camo, backpack, shovel, canteen, etc. They are just the role players among us. Wannabe's, posers, and Wilber Milktoasts. They are also the first to go Postal when the going gets tough for them.
TBone made a valid observation. It's his presentation that sucks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

My presentation? Come on, Mr. Nasa, I swear: I was standing on my head with my toes pointed, knees together when I typed that.

Without any disrespect, Mr. Paul, but please don't tell me you four were hunting with Randy Watson? Let me see if I have done my math right-- 3 guys with AR's (who all do one shot-one kills) and 1 guy with a real gun (the cute guy in the cowpoker hat). I only see 5 dead animals in that picture. That must be the lamest stringer of fur I've ever seen come out of a Watson Expedition. Three bobcats and two... something elses. Baby chipmunks or something.

Easy R-T-B you are playing with fire, if you continue to type along in this fashion don't be surprised when you draw your hands back from the keyboard and find them to be scortched a little bit. Please don't whine when it happens because a grown man like yourself must have been warned about playing with fire before now.

It's like the old adage says, one man's fun is another man's back-handed, mean-spirited, veiled insult... or something to that effect. I'm not sure what the latter sounds like, but it definately sucks.

9horses - With pictures being flat and all I can see why it might be difficult to see the horizontal displacement between the folks in the picture. I'd be willing to bet a considerable amount of money that although it might appear to be the case, no-one was practicing any unsafe gun handling in that picture.

Hello
The AR if built correctly and placed in the hands of a competint shooter can be an extremely accurate firearm.

[I currenly have an AR lower, it may, or may not ever become a fully functional firearm. My original wish for what it should be may not be practical on the AR platform, and I thought it was.]

Anyhoo, such an AR is fine for small game hunting.

Most of the AR guys that I have met are common ordinary folk. I think they get overlooked, because, unlike "Rambo", they dont stick out.

The silent masses if you will.

Well, certainly took me off the fence post. Been shooting a mouse gun in service rifle for awhile. Think I'll order a flat top and scope and use it for my next outing. Shot an M1A for competition and switched; must have been for a reason. We have all seen the different folks at the range. Just adds to the addage " Takes all kinds, and damned if they aren't all here.

Whats wrong w/a fella who shows up at a range w/full camo on anyway?

Who's to say he isnt preparing to go hunting in 5 minutes?

Just because you and I will "usually" appear in tennis shoes, shorts and a tee shirt doesnt say that we always have to abide by that rule.

Nasa I understand your position, but I see rrtb's disposition. He states that he senses defensiveness amongst the group. Well, no sh%*. He has done nothing but offend every member who has posted.

BTW- Why all the references to these guys as cute and handsome? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif :rolleyes:

RawRedTBone,

It's just one picture of three different nights of hunting.

How would you know how many animals were taken, missed, or even if we held a barn dance at his house???

You act like you think you know a lot about what goes on around here. Even more familar......

Now we are still talking about AR's, arn't we?

ninehorses,
Michael is right. I'm in front of the 3 cats while Jason is behind them. Bob is in between us /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif -MP

Back