AR Failure to feed

It sounds like you may have two issues at once. A tight chamber could certainly make it difficult to extract an unfired round, but if you can get a round chambered and then you have a FTF, you may have two problems.

While in a safe location, drop a factory load into the chamber and drop the bolt. Now see if you can extract the unfired round with ease. If you can't, you've either got a chamber that is too short, or factory ammo that is out of spec.

If your GS checked the chamber with headspace gauges, and the chamber is in spec, I would try different ammo. You may also blacken a case with a marker to make certain there is not a girth issue with the chamber. Headspace gauges do not check that dimension.

TerryN was typing while I was. He is correct. All gas-blocks leak, the style of gas-bock secured with set-screws tend to leak a lot! Normally not a problem.

Well perhaps when I removed the gas block to clean the gas tube a while back I did not get it lined up with the gas port. Its shooting great now. I would have gotten back sooner but I have just today had a good chance to get to the bench. I ran close to 100 rds of a mix of factory and reloads and it shot great. I am amazed with the accuracy of this rifle. Nothing special with FMJ factory stuff but 50 V-Max and 55 gr Blitz Kings group under 1" at 200yds. Thanks all.

Back