AR 15 recommendation for coyote hunting

Quote:
DoubleCK,

That is a bulb squeeker attached to the front of the forend with some camo tape. I lost two of those things before I started attaching them to the rifle????

Jim

Great idea!!

Back on track here. I have few different ARs and the one I prefer is the R15. It's light weight and very accurate. It just feels the best in my hands.

R15.jpg

Bushmaster Predator in Max-1 HD camo. Very accurate out of the box. Nice trigger. I love mine! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
I am looking to spend $500 - $800 on rifle only.

That's going to be a problem in today's market. It's been several years since you could build a decent AR for less than $650-700, and in today's seller market I wouldn't expect to find anything that cheap, especially if you want it accurate.

Try here for a bunch of good info from our members, and over at ARF for guys who aren't into anything BUT ARs, though more from a tactical point of view.

Oh, and my favorite? A Dtech 243.wssm, but it's a leeetle out of the price range, LOL.

IMG_2327.jpg

clayreid
it's your place (ranch)
so by all means you make the rules
(i actually carry a rem 700 in 223 just in case an AR bothers the landowner)
i will say [beeep]
i hunt numerous ranches out here in west texas
and mostly use an AR
i have to tell you i can only think of one stand the entire season where i missed and followed with more than 3 shots...
but i did end up killin the coyote at about 350 yds and he started at about 120 yds (i shot 5 times)
before i pulled the trigger even the first time i was sure of if and where any cattle were
and i don't even hunt an area that is being worked
i think the first time i start shooting when someone is working in the area i would be finished at that ranch anyway
i spend alot of time letting the stand cool down after i have walked in and picked a spot and my first look around is for any and all livestock

i wouldn't trust a hunter on the land if he treated the property differently because of his weapon choice

just my 2 cents

guero

Back