Anyone shoot a Sako Finnlight?

It is one of the best feeling rifles that I have ever held, but I have heard that they have had real problems getting them to shoot very well. I would also love to have some input from someone who has shot one. If I thought I could get one that was a shooter, I would buy one right now. Without a doubt the best feeling rifle that I have shouldered.

Totch

I purchased one in 260rem back in the spring shot it working loads for it and a model 7 . I can assure you it shoots quite well with 140g hornady bullets . This was a load I had on hand an used in several rems I shot a 5 shot group at 200 yds just as fast as I could to see it the barrel could handle the heat , it did . It also did excellent with Nosler 125g part , did very well with 120g and 100g nosler ballistic tips . I have been very pleased with it . The only thing I plan to do is put some foam insulation in buttstock if pad is not glued on .

Hope it helps
Frank

I had one for about a week, never fired it. Traded it back for a greywolf. It handled nice but I changed my mind. I know a guy who has one that we mounted a scope and boresighted. It grouped around an inch and has some recoil. He really likes it.

I was thinking about picking one up in .270wsm, but after holding one i'm going to pass.

Why did they put a $20 stock on a $1,300 gun? They could have put a stock like Kimber put on the Montana and then it would not feel so cheap.

Oh well, now I will have more money to spend on optics.

I saw this post, maybe a bit late...
but, better now then never !
I Proudly own a Sako 75 Finnlight 300 WSM
First, i'd like to tell, i agree with you for the stock...its not the Best looking if have.
But, after few hunt, god i love her now....
She's Strong, confortable, handy, good grip....
She's not pretty, But she does so a good job ! i love her...
I like to find a stock of greywolf to dressed her up a bit sometimes, but that's another story.
I reload, and my first impression was with the freebore, a bit long.
But i can assure you, grouping of 1 MOA are RARE...
3/4 MOA are the norm, YES !!!
Almost anything i put it in...performe Very well.
I have 2 favorite load.
1- Powder W-760, 68.0gr. Nosler 180 NAB, COL 2.860 ( 3100 fps )and sometimes she does 3/8 with this load...but usually it's 3/4.
2- Powder W-760 69.8 gr Nosler 165gr Bal-Tip col 2.840 ( 3240 fps ) 3/4 MOA also..
The trigger is absolutely great, BUt i Put a Limbsaver on the stock.
Well, that's it...i hope it can help a bit?
BTW. Usually i speak french, so maybe my english suck a bit...

Welcome to the board eclipse71. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Your english is fine but calling what they speak in Quebec French is a stretching the definition. I know a bit of French and can manage with difficulty in France. The last time I was in Quebec, I was lost, could not understand a word. I think it is more like 18th century French.

Glad to see you here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Jack

I bought a Sako Finnlight in 6.5 x55 a few years back and have had no problems whatsoever. Clobbered a black bear with it the first year I owned it. I wouldn't classify it as the most accurate gun I own, but by far not the worst either. BTW, I also recently purchased a Grey Wolf in 260 and hunted with that this year. Brought down a nice eight pointer with that one. It just seems too big of a gun for the cartridge chambering to me. My buddy says it seems to him a "big man's" gun. The pistol grip area really fills my hand, and I'm by no means a small person. And to be really honest, it's just hard to beat some of the older Sakos, the A series with the nice wood and palm swells. Wouldn't hesistate to get another Finnlight though; I'm always amazed by the choices of some here on this board, but then again, they don't give Sakos away. Same friend equates many domestic brands as "two by fours with pipes stuck in them", and I have to agree in many cases.

I've owned three of them...All of them were EXTREMELY accurate and I regret getting rid of the .270 I had. I thought the stock was much nicer than the Kimber Montana stock. The Finnlight is one of the nicest production guns I've ever owned. (and I've owned a BUNCH)

Back