Anyone in Northern Utah

Ok. So I talked to Rick last night. Turns out he lives almost next door to me. I walked out my door and could see him standing right there.

Anyway. Who all is in? I have only talked to Rick. He and o1sick7 are the guys to get in contact with I would say. Meeting at probably Home Depot on 21st (unless you live up north) may just be the best place to meet to save on gas. I am not sure the best way to get to Vernal other than I-80 past Strawberry (I think). Wayne may want to meet in Heber but not sure.

I would like to go but I am in Maryland for the next six weeks. When I get back I am going to grab the wife and try to go do some shooting.

I went to a shotgun shooting range in Bountiful and it took me about 1 hour from Draper to get there.

I can meet you guys there, just send me the directions. I went there a few years back and havent gone since. I know I take I-15 North but forgot what other route I took to get there.

I can go this friday the 23rd, just let me know if it is a go or not for us to get together and blast some prairie dogs.

Wayne
1 801 816 1186 (please leave message)

I just saw your post UtahShooter, yes I can go down to Heber with no problem. I fish at Deer Creek Lake in spring and summer so going to Heber wont be a problem at all.
Just tell me what location in Heber to meet at and what time to meet and I will be there.

Those prairie dogs better move to another state! lol

Wayne
1 801 816 1186 (please leave message)

It was an awesome shoot. I'm glad you guys made it. We need to get back out soon for sure. Had some amazing shots. 300+ with a 17 hmr. 500+ with an ar. Got a good size rock chuck. Found Africa. Ha ha. Great group of guys. Great day. 70 degrees no wind. No clouds. Whacken and stackin

It was a blast had a good time. Next time its coyotes ealy and prairie dogs later on in the day. Next time I am bringing my shooting bench lot more comfortable. Or a mighty lite table and some chairs. Lets try and get something planned when the season reopens and instead of a day trip plan it for a weekend trip.

Boy that was one heck of fun day! I had a great time and even became a prairie dog "ace" my first time out with 5 confirmed little critter kills.
Some long range and awesome shots were taken with hits, by steve and rick.
Thank you guys so much for the invite and I am glad I went.
I need to get on those shooting benches/chairs because they make it much more easier and comfortable.
I cannot wait until the next time guys, hopefully soon!

And yes driving through the tundra reminded me of my trip to Africa in 2003.

It wa great, the company especially,the weather and the hunting.

Call me when you guys want to do another day trip or even a weekend "safari" for both coyotes and prairie dogs

Wayne

Back