anyone been having any success in VIRGINIA ?

trx680

I've been so busy working that I havent had any time to try calling anything this year. Anyone here in Va. having any luck?

havent killed any yet but we called up what we think was the dominant male when he started barking at my locator we put a few challange calls in he finally got pissed enough to show his face......due to the fact we had four ppl hunting once he was seen everyone got fidgity and spooked him.......tonight we end up hitting the locator and had 3 different packs respond......the closet one started barking and we never saw anything come up when we did some challenge calls and some howls....we also werent in the best of spots since we never scouted it out we just kinda went out there and tried other than i havent made to many stands......either way it was fun

by the way im in Halifax county VA

i did see one on the side of the road on the way back from class in NC tonight and i turned around and came back and pulled up beside it and rolled my window and looked at him for a good 10 minutes until a car came...he never budged just sniffed around in circles and would look up at me every now and then he was about 2 or 3 yards from my suv...pretty cool situation

Last edited:
I still haven't been out for the first time. The few places I have lined up to hunt are also deer hunted. They're pretty much off limits to me right now.
I work in Dinwiddie quite a bit. You're not too far away from me.

azirkle, im in pitt co. We have been hearin a lot but i havent been out yet. I've been deer hunting on most of my free days but will be goin soon, my new call should be here by monday..

Hello guys i want to wish all of you a good season first off!!

I just finished up 7 months of chemo for Leukemia and an 8 day stay for neutropenic fever that was like solitary confinement. In a 10'X 12' room so I am CHOMPING at the bit to get out.
One place where I hunt in a very controled area where we actually kill yotes for the feds , they have been seeing a BIG dark colored one a couple times a week. Should be out later this week as my strength and blood counts come back!!! I'm in Bath Co.
SO LOOK OUT DOGS !!!!

So good luck to all and keep us posted!! Hoovy

Last edited:
Called in a coyote and fox yesterday got both, and called 2 coyotes tonight shot at 1. Going back in the morning to see if I can find it.

Well azirkle i dont think you would be learning much from me. I've been callin foxes for a while but the coyotes are a new experience for me.. We have killed a bunch but most have been in front of the dogs down in halifax during the deer season. But i'm willing to go and learn something...maybe we can setup a trip pretty soon.

Originally Posted By: SDMI still haven't been out for the first time. The few places I have lined up to hunt are also deer hunted. They're pretty much off limits to me right now.
I work in Dinwiddie quite a bit. You're not too far away from me.

where in Dinwiddie you work?

Originally Posted By: HOOVY Hello guys i want to wish all of you a good season first off!!

I just finished up 7 months of chemo for Leukemia and an 8 day stay for neutropenic fever that was like solitary confinement. In a 10'X 12' room so I am CHOMPING at the bit to get out.
One place where I hunt in a very controled area where we actually kill yotes for the feds , they have been seeing a BIG dark colored one a couple times a week. Should be out later this week as my strength and blood counts come back!!! I'm in Bath Co.
SO LOOK OUT DOGS !!!!

So good luck to all and keep us posted!! Hoovy

HOT SPRINGS !! My son and I were up there last year to try some deer hunting in the GW national forest. All the deer were hanging out in the fields on the main highway and in peoples yards !! Smart deer !! We stayed at the Gristmill. And ate there once, and at Sam Sneads, and the German place beside the highschool. I love it there in Bath Co. !!

Originally Posted By: trx680where in Dinwiddie you work?
I've been everywhere in the county.It's not a regular thing though. I was there every day last week. Didn't go down there once this week.

Waiting till contest start so if I can place then should make a buck or 2 because fur prices suck. Not going to trap unless someone has trouble with beaver or yotes.

trx680,

Yes Bath CO is a beautiful place. We have a lot of out of town hunters and there is plenty of deer for them, for sure!!
Drop me a PM next time your down this way and maybe we can go coyote hunting one night. Plenty of them too!!!
HOOVY

Im new to the forum, but ive been calling in far northern Va for the last 6 or 7 years.i have killed almost 30 yotes in that time. i only hunt at night,i use all night vision equip.
i have killed 1 so far this year,43lb male eat up with mange.im trying to deer hunt during the day.im in Clarke countyhas anyone hunted any where around this area?

howl one up, I hunt Clarke a good bit. I have been hearing alot more yotes. But haven't been seeing them. Sounds like you are doing good. I go all the time but just don't have any luck...Jason

I'm in Lunenburg, and I'm brand new to coyote hunting.
I just bought a Ruger .223, made my own gun-mounted light, and my Spitfire call is scheduled to be here Wednesday. I'll let you know how I do down here, we do have coyotes, it's just a question of if I can learn how to kill them. I've found so far that everyone I've asked for permission to hunt coyotes has said PLEASE DO!, even people who do not allow any other hunting. I've had some people approach me after hearing that I'm going to start, so I've got a pretty good area of land to hunt. My neighbor is one who is anxious for me to start, he saw 4 in his pasture, right across the road from my house.
Mike

Page county chiming in here,have only had 1 chance to go early in the season but after I get back from taking the family to Disney at the end of the month plan on hitting it hard.Just recieved Foxpro's new spitfire yesterday and I'm very pleased with the compact size and the volume that it has(also got Byron South's new dvd to help get the blood pumping!)Mike I think your going to like the Spitfire.Hoovy hope you have a full recovery and are out in the woods soon!
Good luck to everyone and safe hunting!

i sent you a email i dont , know if you will get it im on my dads computer,i would like to get together and try to go sometime. have you done anygood deer hunting, down by the river? ive heard a few shots.

Back