Anybody ever hunted Mcalester ammunition plant?

swokshooter

Been putting in for this hunt for 5 years, and my son and I finally drew. We are hunting november 10-12 in the deer creek area. We’ve been studying online maps and trying to figure out some good pinch points. Being our first time out there, I’m sure the learning curve will be steep. I use a recurve anyway, so I am already accustomed to the equipment restrictions. It should be an amazing hunt. I’ve always heard there are huge bucks out there. This year I’ll finally get to put boots on the ground and see for myself. 😎

Been there several times. It can be the hunt of a lifetime or a total disaster. Some of the largest bucks taken in Oklahoma come from there. A lot of the deer seen on Outdoor Oklahoma come from there. I even drew into a shotgun does only hunt. Killed a whale of a doe. Last trip I got stuck with a group of know it all's and ended up in a crappy area. Seen quite a few deer but I had to hunt off the ground as there weren't any tree's large enough to hang a stand from. It was also very hot and dry. Made for a really bum time. Like I was saying it can be a true hunt of a lifetime if the big one comes by. I don't know if it is still offered but use to be if you killed a doe, you got a quality pass for next year. They may still do it, IDK. There are guys there that usually wear white cowboy hats. Most called them "White Hats". They know the areas really well. Talk to them, tell them where your hunting. They've been known to give a few helpful tips. LOL, I'd been talking to one and he gave me the low down on where to hunt. I had a three seated Chevy Suburban and volunteered to drive but instead they stuck me and 6 others in a crew cab Chevy PU and the guys that thought they had it all figured out. That was my last trip to Big Mac.

Last edited:
Shoot a doe or a pig for the Quality pass. I hunted Hominy in early October, several years back. Really cool place. Be sure to completely strip out your truck of anything on the No-No list. They don't mess around.

No smoking in the field PERIOD! I heard of guys not gluing the insert in one arrow and putting cigarettes in the arrow. Better not get caught or your in very deep Poo Poo. Like Huckleberry75 said, They don't mess around.

Back