22 Creedmoor at the Smith right now

Bighorn Origin (first custom Action)
Manners EH2
Bartlein 3b 1:7.7 twist finished at 22-24”
PT&G DBM
TT Special
Zeiss V4 4-16X44

Hoping to get 75ELDM & 77LRX to 3500fps

I also built a 300 RUM in May for my DIY Alaskan hunt we did in Sept.

Remington 700 SS LA
Fluted bolt and Threaded handle from LRI
Greyboe Terrain stock (soon to be replaced with a Manners)
Bartlein 3b 1:10 twist 26”
Micro Bastard Break
BDL BOTTOM METAL w/ Wyatts extended mag
TT Special
Zeiss V4 4-16x44

200grain Nosler Accubonds at 3150fps

We went 2 for 3 on 60”+ moose. Uncle used my 300RUM on his. I drew the last straw and ran out of moose season before we could get a 3rd moose. I’ll be back in 2 years though.

Vudoo V22 20" Kukri contour barrel Graybowe Ridgeback stock Bix'n Andy two stage trigger Nightforce Competition for now (waiting on a NX8)

Originally Posted By: Robinhood21I also built a 300 RUM in May for my DIY Alaskan hunt we did in Sept.

Remington 700 SS LA
Fluted bolt and Threaded handle from LRI
Greyboe Terrain stock (soon to be replaced with a Manners)
Bartlein 3b 1:10 twist 26”
Micro Bastard Break
BDL BOTTOM METAL w/ Wyatts extended mag
TT Special
Zeiss V4 4-16x44

200grain Nosler Accubonds at 3150fps

We went 2 for 3 on 60”+ moose. Uncle used my 300RUM on his. I drew the last straw and ran out of moose season before we could get a 3rd moose. I’ll be back in 2 years though.
Sounds like a great hunt, I bet that was several full freezers of meat!
I was curious about your thoughts on the Terrain stock. I helped my nephew put a heavy 700 barreled action in one and was impressed with it.

It really was an amazing trip! Lots of steaks and burger!!

I like the terrain. I’m a manners guy but picked the Terrain up in a whim. It’s heavier than what I’m used to but it worked great. Would not hesitate to recommend it to others especially for the price. With that being said I am going to eventually replace it with a Manners.

Last edited:
Just about to make a post regarding a new 6mm Build, but have a 6mm Creedmoor coyote gun at the smith now along with a 6.5x47.

Its a sickness I tell you, planning builds before others are even done.

Robinhood, moose steaks are some of the best ive had! Makes for quite a few dinners!

Last edited:
Working on a Ruger American Ranch in 223. Just set it in an Indian Creek Designs AR mag chassis. Will put in a timney trigger soon. Luv my Anarchy Outdoor penguin grip.

Last edited:
I finally blooded it this morning. I built it as a longer range rig but wouldn't you know it the first coyote with it was at 40 yards, I've been practicing at 200-500 yards with it. Windy morning today, enough to generate dust devils across the desert. The coyote came in straight down wind and caught me by surprise and it made it all the way into the caller before I could get on it. I'm happy I set it up with a 2-12 scope instead of the original 1.5-6 I was originally going to put on it, still a large FOV on the bottom end and double the X's on the top end for the 300 plus shots. I'm trying to expand my horizons and learn to hunt open country, I've always been more comfortable on "In your face" kind of stands.

The 20 cal. 40gr NBT worked perfect pencil hole in and I think only the bullet base exited as it left only a hole slightly smaller than a dime, bang flop., beautiful hide for just a couple mile north of the Mexian border.

zqXVn2.jpg

Last edited:
Yes , I am. After watching the news this summer from Seattle and Portland I think the move was one of the best decisions I've made. While this state has been a Demo stronghold it is very laid back, the county I live in declare itself a 2nd Amendment sanctuary county.

My CZ 527 17 Firefall. I had a 17 Hornet, bought a new bolt from CZ and a Magazine, then sent it to Adam Bentley. He rechambered the factoy barrel, now it is a 1-9 twist 17 FB. I had to rework the extractor a little and now it feeds great. Shoots good too. Going to tip a few coyotes with it next week.

FCJEyLw.jpg

Last edited:
Had Brent Parker rebarrel a Rem 700 for me in 20 Practical, and wanted a lightweight, rifle as shown goes a little over 6.5 lbs. 18" Benchmark, .585" at the muzzle.

HO0qUEL.jpg

Originally Posted By: CoyotejunkiMy CZ 527 17 Firefall. I had a 17 Hornet, bought a new bolt from CZ and a Magazine, then sent it to Adam Bentley. He rechambered the factoy barrel, now it is a 1-9 twist 17 FB. I had to rework the extractor a little and now it feeds great. Shoots good too. Going to tip a few coyotes with it next week.

FCJEyLw.jpg

I like that Junky! I've thought about doing the same thing... I will have a 527 fireball one of these days!

I didn't build it but have one coming. Trued XP-100 single shot action,26" Lilja 1/9 twist barrel in a McMillan Game Warden/Scout stock, not sure until it gets here, in 223AI. Setting on pins and needles until it gets here.

That's cool for sure. But I would want a .17 Furball as a companion to my .17 Hornet rather than replace it. Then I would have a .17 Rem, the .17 FB., the .17 Hornet and my .17 HMR. I would have all I wanted then.

Originally Posted By: Rustydust But I would want a .17 Furball as a companion to my .17 Hornet rather than replace it. Then I would have a .17 Rem, the .17 FB., the .17 Hornet and my .17 HMR. I would have all I wanted then. I have all of those, plus my 17-204. Think I am going to sell off a few rifles, and thin the herd. Have you guys seen the prices on gunbroker for 17 centerfires?

Originally Posted By: CoyotejunkiOriginally Posted By: Rustydust But I would want a .17 Furball as a companion to my .17 Hornet rather than replace it. Then I would have a .17 Rem, the .17 FB., the .17 Hornet and my .17 HMR. I would have all I wanted then. I have all of those, plus my 17-204. Think I am going to sell off a few rifles, and thin the herd. Have you guys seen the prices on gunbroker for 17 centerfires?

Yeah, don't reminnd me (eyeroll)

Originally Posted By: RustydustI would want a .17 Furball as a companion to my .17 Hornet rather than replace it. Then I would have a .17 Rem, the .17 FB., the .17 Hornet and my .17 HMR. I would have all I wanted then.

Ya Russ I tell myself that all the time too but then something comes along and I say oh maybe just one more.
wink.gif

I think that's how all our safes end up so full, we keep telling ourselves just one more and before we know it one more turned into we can't hardly close the door on the safe.

Last edited:
Back