Any baculum collectors among us??

Originally Posted By: Kaycee...we called them oosik, but I was taught to keep them by an old Indian friend in Northern Wisconsin where I was raised.

Oosik is also correct and it is a term used most often by Native Alaskan cultures to describe the baculum of walruses, seals, sea lions and polar bears.

I'm just glad you explained it right off the bat cuz I was going to have to Google Baculum to find out what it was.

Now that I know:
I do not collect them.
Don't plan on collecting them.
Have no idea why anyone would collect them...and don't really want to know either.

The only consolation is that I'm sure there are people in this world that collect stranger things than Baculums.

Originally Posted By: HuntsleepfishHad a coon "baculum" back in high school. I drilled holes in it and made it look like a whistle and told all the girls if they could play it it would call in a coon.... dont think they ever figured out what me an my buddies thought was so [beeep] funny!

Oh man, that is comedy!

One my young and single officers used to carry one from a Coon around in his uniform pocket to start up conversations with the college girls in the town...While we didn't think is was quite professional, we never got a complaint on it to do a follow up for any action..(He's no longer an officer for other reasons)...

Didnt know what the word meant till now and no...I dont keep em but I do buy them for my dogs to chew on....I just didnt know the correct term for them "Bully Sticks".....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: howlingIs this a fetish?lol

Pretty gross IMHO
sick.gif

Originally Posted By: getfoxyOriginally Posted By: howlingIs this a fetish?lol

Pretty gross IMHO
sick.gif

Just a bone. No worse than keeping a skull or deer antlers.

Yes it's just a bone! I think it could be a cool keepsake and a conversation piece. I like the idea of having a keepsake from these hunts. Some day my family will be cleaning up my estate and find a bunch of weird stuff. I wonder who I should leave my prize penis bones too??

Originally Posted By: WillTheThrillOriginally Posted By: getfoxyOriginally Posted By: howlingIs this a fetish?lol

Pretty gross IMHO
sick.gif

Just a bone. No worse than keeping a skull or deer antlers.

Agreed. People keep all kinds of things as trophies, reminders, and keep sakes, this is just another thing.

Originally Posted By: utah_1911....what's next, pickled @$$holes?

Already been done. You seen these youngsters with those big hoops in the ear lobs?

Yeah.

Only problem I have with gauged out ears is the fact they will never grow back once they are so big.

Im tattooed but I dont do ear-rings.

Never heard of it till today, and all I can say is.................those male coyotes better not come out and play tomorrow cause I need a new key chain.

That whole whistle thing is funny as h@ll.lol

Back