Amazing Video to see Guys! Hilarious!

Oh, only about a few hundred of us on this forum! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

And it sure fun too! Anything .223 and up will flat launch a pasture poodle! When out shooting them I have as much fun watching others shoot the dogs as shooting them myself. I spent almost $200 extra on my custom 220 Swift for a muzzle brake just so I could see the hits in the scope. Way fun! Try it yourself some time!

Good video but I don't like to see them on You Tube because it puts our sport in a bad light to most people. Most people don't realize that they are a pest and destructive to ranchers.

They need to loose the annoying music and the swastika stuff.
Waste of good video.
The music is juvenile, yet EVERYONE is doing it.
How about just gun shots and target hits ?
You know..... the way it actually sounds.
I do think these "gangsta" prairie dog videos are detrimental to the sport.
They should all use the opportunity to promote the pest management benifit of killing these animals.

PC

PS
Welcome to PM LongRange

PC

Last edited:
I would like to know how many of those nasty critters I have actually shot since I started shootin prairie dogs about 10 years ago.Its really fun when their are a bunch of targets to choose from. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
As far as the video being on youtube where the bunny huggers can see it goes,well they need to learn to watch something else if it disturbs them so much.If they dont like it they are more than welcome to bring their little signs out to the dog town and protest when Im havin fun.They just better keep their heads down or stay behind me while Im takin out some dogs.They can cry about it all they want but their wasting their time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I agree with PineCone the music and the little Hitler PD wasnt all that great.I hope they got that little nazi dog though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

There are hundreds of prairie dog videos like this on youtube, and it seems like all of them have Godawful loud gangbanger music blasting in it.

All that is missin' is a few "Ho's" doing a topless dancing act.

This one is no different. It is junk.

You guys should see the videos made by 6mm-06 who is a member of this site - much better, and more interesting - I mean, you've seen 1 of these "Rock PD" videos, with PD's in the air, you've seen them all.

They make all varmint shooters (as a group) look like real jerks.

Last edited:
I agree Cat.
And, come to think of it, it could be a good business opportunity to make a first class PD hunt video.
Does 6mm sell his ?

SM

Quote:
As far as the video being on youtube where the bunny huggers can see it goes,well they need to learn to watch something else if it disturbs them so much.If they dont like it they are more than welcome to bring their little signs out to the dog town and protest when Im havin fun.They just better keep their heads down or stay behind me while Im takin out some dogs.They can cry about it all they want but their wasting their time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ohh they cry about it alright, and they are very effective at it also. They wont watch something else as this is something they have a passion to stop. They are very well orginized, way past bring out the little signes where you shoot. These videos are a danger to our sport plain and simple, somethings should be kept on a need to know basis. Too bad the thugs that made the videos dont understand the damage they are doing. If you would like to see just how effective their crying can be.....read up on this thread. Dont ever think it cant happen.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ubb...page=0#52808112

Quote:
I agree Cat.
And, come to think of it, it could be a good business opportunity to make a first class PD hunt video.
Does 6mm sell his ?

SM

6mm-06 has done a few on Eastern woodchucks (ground hog) shooting. He is just starting off, and already his stuff is nicer than many that are getting $20+ for a DVD.

Wow...I never thought about that hurting the sport. I am all about going to do this. Anyone know of a good place to go? I have heard that some of the farmers will let you hunt for no charge...anyone know of a place?

Quote:
Wow...I never thought about that hurting the sport. I am all about going to do this. Anyone know of a good place to go? I have heard that some of the farmers will let you hunt for no charge...anyone know of a place?

Do a search for "Prairie dog", and "PD" in the Varmint Hunting forum (this one)...

... Then start reading.

P.S... "I am all about going to do this."... how old are you??

My 16 year old son doesn't talk like that.

I will agree that these videos do alot more damage to our sport than they do good.I dont really know what the object of filming this is anyway.I have seen thousands of them blow up and all of that through my scope and its all the same really.I guess at the same time it does some good for our sport too.These kind of videos get people like LongRangeHunter interested in PD shootin and varmint hunting.I will never understand the way a bunny hugger thinks so Im not going to try.I just wish they would mind their own business and leave me and others that enjoy the sport alone.I dont go throw rocks at them when their out in the woods hugging trees and petting bunnys or whatever they do in their spare time,so I would think that they would give me the same respect.But I know they never will and if the same situation ever happens again I will do my part to keep the sport from going anywhere.And if they do get rid of it somehow their are going to be alot of dissapointed bunny huggers.I will keep hunting it until the day I die because its what I enjoy doing.And if they dont like it their gonna have to get rid of me.When someone trys to mess with something that I love,I take it very personally.

Quote:
I just wish they would mind their own business and leave me and others that enjoy the sport alone.I dont go throw rocks at them when their out in the woods hugging trees and petting bunnys or whatever they do in their spare time,so I would think that they would give me the same respect.

They dont give respect, In their spare time.....they screw with your hunting rights by bringing lawsuits and sour legislation to rub in your face. Their business is to stop hunting all togather.

EDIT, I didnt read your post correctly!

Last edited:
The way they think is completely rediculous.They live in some fairy tale where the rabbits and the coyotes hold hands and skip through the woods.Most of them have probably never even stepped foot in the woods or spent a day on the prairie or anything close to that.They dont understand that things arent as cute and cuddly as what they see on television.They also dont understand that the hunters are actually doing more good for wildlife than they are.They dont understand that if we werent around to cut the population of some of these critters down things would be alot worse for the animals they love.What do they do to help wildlife?They want things to get so overpopulated that disease spreads and instead of a few prairie dogs exploding they will all die of the plague. Their a bunch of morons plain and simple.If Im wrong about something please feel free to set me straight on some things.But the way I see it is that we hunters are doing alot more for wildlife than they ever will.

Wow I feel like I really hijacked this posts.Sorry bout that.Im really just preaching to the quire about all of this bunny hugging nonsense anway.Im sure everyone here is already aware of how ignorant people like that are.

Quote:
"...I guess at the same time it does some good for our sport too. These kind of videos get people like LongRangeHunter interested in PD shootin and varmint hunting.

I have said this before, and I'll say it again...

"Getting people interested in PD shootin and varmint hunting..."

The "Sport" is shooting, and the more people that own guns and shoot, the better for all of us.

But the "sport" of PD shooting isn't like "Little league baseball". It doesn't need more people interested in it.

I have been a varmint shooter all of my (much too long) life, and there was a time when the varmint shooter was welcome with open arms everywhere.

Whether he be shooting ground hogs or crows in New England, or Prairie Dogs in the west, there was never a "No" when asking to shoot.

When I first started shooting dogs, no one was interested in it - in 1980, two friends and myself spent 22 solid days camping and shooting in the Conata Basin (some of the best PD territory in the USA), and we saw one other PD shooter.

Ranchers would welcome us with open arms - on one spread, the rancher's wife would come out at noon and bring us sandwiches and lemonade.

But no more...

Now more and more guys have to pay a couple of hundred a day to shoot PDs, and in the east, more and more farmers are saying "NO" due to the growing pressure from "varmint shooters" that are overnight wonders, with poor equipment and poorer shooting skills that toss lead all over the landscape like it's a drunken orgy.

As to "Getting people interested in PD shootin and varmint hunting...".

HA!, I hope 90% of the varmint shooters that shoot PDs, ground hogs, and crows with a rifle, get bored with it and take up golf!

I'm waiting for the day when varmint shooters are rare, golf courses have a three day wait for the greens, and when I drive up to a farm or ranch, the owner runs out and shakes my hand, with his three daughters in tow!

In varmint and PD shooting, there just plain isn't enough to go around as it is, and it doesn't need more pressure.

If there was, you wouldn't have to be begging for a place to shoot, you'd drive by ranches, and there would be signs out saying:

"PD shooters wanted, $30 an hour, free ammo, all you can eat, plus my first daughter for the night!"

If there was enough to go around, guys wouldn't keep their "Hunny holes" secret... they would be glad to tell you places to shoot - but it's getting hard to find places to shoot.. and PD shooters guard the locations of dog towns like gold prospectors guard the locations of good streams.

And that's my take on "Getting people interested in PD shootin and varmint hunting..." HA!!!

Quote:
...it puts our sport in a bad light to most people

That's why most forums have a rule about posting graphic photos. Come to think of it, this forum has a rule too.

It does have a rule about that.
I frankly don't care for the gorey stuff, & it doesn't promote anything but fuel for the anti's.

That said, the vid clip isn't here. It's at Youtube, and taking it off here won't stop people from watching it.
The video is fuzzy & doesn't get close enough to violate anything here.

I would as soon this thread fall down the line though.

Just an interesting piece of trivia.....the opening picture shows a common 13-lined ground squirrel. We call those gophers here in michigan. They are our prarie dogs.

Back