alternative for hornady one shot?

Quote:
Quote:
FROM ANOTHER FORUM
The spray-on case lubes are probably the best thing to happen to reloading in years. You can make your own spray case sizing lube in bulk by mixing liquid lanolin and 99% isopropyl alcohol. A solution of 1 part liquid lanolin and 4 to 5 parts parts 99 percent isopropyl alcohol (4 oz of liquid lanolin to16 - 20 oz of isopropyl) works well. When mixing you may find that the lanolin mixes better if you warm both the alcohol and lanolin in a bath of warm water to about 105 - 110 degrees F before mixing. DO NOT WARM EITHER OF THEM OVER AN OPEN FLAME! Once the solutions are warm, pour together, mix thoroughly, allow the mix to cool (mix occasionally as it cools) and store in an air tight container to prevent water from being absorbed by the isopropyl. Put mixture into an ordinary spray bottle. To apply the lube, spread the cases in a single layer on a clean surface and spray. Allow the cases to sit for a couple of minutes, roll the cases around and lightly spray again. Wait until the alcohol has evaporated (about 5 minutes) and start sizing. Properly lubed cases will have a slightly greasy feel to them without feeling slimy.

I have never seen isopropal alcohol available in anything above 91% strength in normal stores. 99% would require going to a chemical supply house and they are reluctant to sell to the public.

Jack

Our little town has 3 gas stations and one drug store where you can buy 99% Isopropyl off the shelf. If they don't have it, they can get it in a couple days if you ask for it.
You can order the liquid lanolin here:
http://www.vitapal.com/v-now-foods-liqui...tm_campaign=sdc
This will make a year's supply cheap that works just as well as Dillon DCL spray.

Quote:
Kelbro, I too used Mink Oil for years. Stumbled onto it while looking for an alternative to the gooey RCBS lube. I used to tell guys, do your brass, wipe your fingers on your boots, and when you are done, your boots will be waterproofed as well. But now I use Sizing Die Wax, and its as good, or better, than anything I've ever tried. And modern boots come out of the box waterproofed, so we are all happy.

I prefer the Imperial (Redding now) myself. A tin of that stuff goes a long way. I recommend the minkoil when guys want something they can get right away at a Walmart or something when the gunshop is closed or too far away.

Just got a tub of that Redding graphite neck lube with the ceramic media. I plan to try it out tonight re-sizing about 80 pieces of 30-06.

Back