All New Predator Hunting show on the Sportsmans Channel!

Originally Posted By: CZ527Video quality is the best I've seen. There's a little bit of "know it all" in the air, but that's probably just the Texan in them.

James if you read this, I have a question for you. What percentage (roughly of course) are you able to get on film. I mostly hunt contests, and we get up to 15 coyotes down. I wonder are we just good at killing them or is the camera a curse? I have rarely seen a show where more than a few were taken, though it does happen.

FYI, the Night Crew is not my team, we have however filmed a show with them, that will air in the next few weeks.
I would say 75+% of the coyotes we kill are on film, and we are over 100 since early Dec, hunting them on foot. No arrogance here, but the camera comes naturally now, as it should after a decade of filming, gear up, get in, I've got the settings down and my shooter prone, ready to kill almost as quick as we would without it, and vice versa.

I would say however by filming it slows us due to the footage we capture after the kills so we can put the production together. We've often talked about putting down the camera for a month, and go straight kill mode (which would be scary), but I'm not interested in that, numbers are numbers, all you see now is kill, kill, kill, kill, the quality of the kill goes down, it's a huge "richard" measuring contest. I was part of it when we killed 20 in 2 hours, with 2HD cameras, including a quint, quad, triple, double and multiple singles.

This is why I like the Night Crew so much, they are doing what we do, bringing QUALITY to the kill, putting more value in one animal as I believe it should be, instead of diluting the pool with redundancy like every other show out there. "This week We're with this "prostaffer" hunting his honey holes, with his know how to promote "our" show (which I have no issue with, it's just not our style). Night Crew is similar to us in a sense that we are the ones hunting them on foot, we are the ones filming them, editing the footage, producing our work, uploading the content, bringing you along for the ride... My bad for the run on, but you catch my gist, a camera sure can be a curse, you just need to figure out what it is your trying to accomplish.

Skinney, I've enjoyed the videos you have posted here but I guess I didn't you realize you had a show? I just thought the videos were part of promoting your business. What is your show? Channel?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jf1073Skinney, I've enjoyed the videos you have posted here but I guess I didn't you realize you had a show? I just thought the videos were part of promoting your business. What is your show? Channel?

No sir I don't have a show, we do have a YouTube channel that shows some of our work, and some equipment/weapon reviews etc. We are filming some episodes with Night Crew, but they won't air for more than a few weeks...
As a matter of fact I just reviewed the intro Chris put together for the show we did with them, and as soon as he has it polished off, I'll be sure to post it here on this thread... Trust me, it's something you've never seen yet... Pretty neat stuff!

Originally Posted By: CZ527
I mostly hunt contests, and we get up to 15 coyotes down. I wonder are we just good at killing them or is the camera a curse?

cz527. did you hunt the tccc this year?

Here it is fellas. This is why we film with Night Crew, they understand how we roll, and can hoof it with us, and film, in the conditions we run in. A quick teaser of the carnage that is to come... If you fellas would share the heck outta this, we would be much appreciative. You're going to see very non traditional coyote killing techniques in this episode, in conditions most don't hunt in, let alone stay up all night and film in.
-O'Neill Ops... OUT!

Night Crew/O'Neill Ops from Chris Robinson on Vimeo.

excellent.
Another nice coyote toss at 1:48, love it.
I need to strap my go pro on next time out and see how far I can fling one.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: CZ527
I mostly hunt contests, and we get up to 15 coyotes down. I wonder are we just good at killing them or is the camera a curse?

cz527. did you hunt the tccc this year?

No I didn't do it this year. I used the piece of land I had saved for another contest in December. It's actually a great piece of land, and I'm hoping to snag an invite to the world when it's in Belen. We pulled 11 off of it in 19 hours in winds anywhere from 25-55 MPH.

I'm interested in the title of "state champion," but it's a long way to the top.

We do really well as a team, both my team that I captain and another I am a member of. In fact, I have only had one finish out of the top 5 in any contest. That being said, there are at least 3 teams within 300 miles of us that I know personally and think are much better . Probably more that don't participate or that I don't know.

Back