Adventures in Wolf Hunting

Five but I don't know anybody that has pulled that off. I always have three tags in my possession just because someday some sort of miracle could happen.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 243kimber I think every predator hunter on the planet is jealous. Does the ar feel as good in your hands as a regular stocked type rifle does? What camera did you use? My blood roars when Im unclose and personal just with coyotes. I couldn't imagine what it would be like with wolves! Great story & pics! Congrats!

I've been shooting ar's almost as long as I've shot bolt actions. Truthfully I don't have a great preference for one over the other. I'm kind of like a golfer I just pick the one most appropriate for the terrain and the quarry. As far as my camera. I have a small Fuji that I bought at Costco 5 years ago for about a hundred fifty bucks. the reason I bought it is because it will Bluetooth sync with my cell phone so I can literally set the camera on my backpack and then get around in front of it zoom in or out as needed and take the photo by looking at my cell phone. It works awesome. No more looking through the viewfinder, setting the 10-second timer and then running around to get in the picture!

I am in the market for a phone for taking pics of kills/rifles. I didn't realize there was thechonogy that sync with your phone to take a pic! I recently bought a nikon b500 because it was one of the cheapest the local best buy had. They said I have till mid january to exchange it for something different. I want a $3000 camera for $300!
smile.gif
I am looking at a panasonic lumix fz 1000 for around $450. It shoots video in 4K. 20 MP. 16X zoom. WiFi. Cameras are like rifles. Do you want a walmart special, or a tricked out AI for $20,000? (Scope not included)
smile.gif

Oh yes.... the .17 Remington kills All out of proportion to its size..... to include 250 lb. wild burros out in the Arizona desert,

I was taught by the BEST Wolf Caller in Alaska .... my friend Roy Chaney.

He uses a .17 VLR running a 30 gr. Gold.

Wolves and Mountain Lions are really not that hard to kill --- just place your bullet.

Cas

I guided 6 years for wolves and had to take many back out to the open through the thick woods on snowshoes. By far the easiest was putting them across your shoulders and hold a front and back leg. Great hunt and story definitely easy to imagine the rush you had.

Back