A very rewarding hunt this weekend!

Tony how did you come about this opportunity I would love to take part in something like this with turkeys or deer here in VA. There is nothing like sharing knowledge with the next generation.

Unlike alot of other ranches, the ranch doesn't sell their landowner tags, but rather donates them to an organization out of Lubbock that is setup for taking these kids on hunts. In addition, the ranch donates one tag to a local youth hunter that completes Hunters Education class and puts their name in the hat for a drawing. The ranch has been doing it for a number of years now. I was asked if I would donate my time. I jumped all over it!

I don't know how to go about finding organizations like this or even starting one. I'm sure some research on the internet could reveal some info.

Hope this helps...

Tony

Excellent Job Tony, My favorite type Hunt, taking the young-ones, and making memories that last a Life Time. Thanks a Bunch for sharing the Story and the Photos, it made my day.

There is nothing I like better than helping Kids, and seeing others do the same. At my age my Hunting Days are getting fewer and fewer, therefore I try to introduce as many Kids as I can to Hunting, and help others that are in need of special things.

Tony,
Great story thanks for sharing with us. That boy will remember you, the hunt and your kindness for the rest of his life.

Good job Tony, that says a lot about what kind of guy you are. The ranch doing that kind of thing is pretty nice to hear about, too.
thumbup.gif

Great job Tony. Both you and the ranch deserve a pat on the back. What a great way for a young person to participate in the outdoors and hunting.

Great job.

Thanks,

Tim

Ya'll are took kind. Again, I was just happy to be part of such a great memory.

Lukeduke, this was all done on the same ranch that I took you and Chad, where you killed your first coyote. It is absolutely covered up with coyotes this year. Figured you'd get a kick out of that.

Tony

Back