a sweet surprise, black phase

I have seen literally thousands of coyotes. But never a black one. Pretty cool!

I dig the back window repair too!

- DAA

Originally Posted By: DAAI have seen literally thousands of coyotes. But never a black one. Pretty cool!

I dig the back window repair too!

- DAA

Me, too. Zipper bad on my jeep right now and top only 18 mos. old.
mad.gif

Really nice black! Have seen/shot/and unfortunately missed a lot of coyotes but have never seen a black one. Congratulations.

Regards,
hm

I really appreciate all the congrats fellas! It was unbeknownst to me that he was even around, so needless to say it really got away with me. The internet is a wealth of information, but often times conflicting. I've read where the black is a result of a chromosome mix-up in the DNA structure. I have also read where it's a result of wolf lineage & of course there are those that claim its a dog mix. I find it interesting that most of the black ones Ive found researching have the white crest on their chest. Mine also had a little white fur around his paws. Anybody really in the know on the topic care to weigh in?

Originally Posted By: Brick Man Nice view of Pilot Mtn in the background

Was wondering if anyone from around these parts was on here, or if anyone would take notice of the Pilot

Congratulations on a Rare Black Coyote,pretty Special to get a nice Color Phase Coyote!

I was told that the Black,Tan and White Color Phased Coyotes were from those Coyotes that bred with local Domestic Dogs....the Darker/Black Coyotes could be from a line of Wolf's,at least that sounds pretty Cool to Me!
wink.gif

Several Years ago an Older Hunter showed Us a Black Coyote He shot and was going to get mounted...it had the White Patch on it's chest also,This was in Southeast Missouri!Two years ago I shot a real nice Tan/White Female Coyote,I gave it to a local Trapper to have it skinned and Tanned but He lost it (supposably) in one of His many piles of a Furs and I never did get it back!

Last edited:
Congrats on your success. I want a black one bad. Send some down from the "knob" a tic east. Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Thats why this place is above the rest...A wealth of knowledge thats always shared by our members, awesome stories and of course the pictures dude.Thanks great post. Gary

Back