A newly published book on "Calling Foxes"

George,
No I am not in the calling contest. However, I'm very excited about the opportunity to meet with fellow predator hunters. Looking forward to it!

Dave Kaprocki

PS: I will have my books available at the Expo so be sure to stop by and say hello.

we appreciate you attendig our little 'shin-dig' Dave. look forward to shaking your hand and thanking you personally. shaping up to be a good day.

see you than.

~Woody

220 Woody, I've recruited a couple of other guys. We may have a convoy coming up I-81 out of ole Virginny. Really looking forward to it.

Dave, I didn't order your book yet, cause I'll get it when I get there, bring lots of em.

Quote:
I didn't order your book yet, cause I'll get it when I get there, bring lots of em.

Same here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Would love if someone could help me out with a copy, if any of you guys intend to order one and have paypal i can send money for the copy and shipping to sweden if you tell me the amount.

PM me if possible.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

///Fredrik /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Lenneskog,

if you'd like...and can wait another month.....i'll grab you one at our predator expo that Dave is doing a seminar at on July 12th. maybe i can get Dave to sign your copy and i'd be happy to mail it off to you.

its a bit of a wait, but it would be my pleasure!

lemme know!

~Woody

Woody...and all the rest of you fellow hunters,
I also truly look forward to meeting you'all. Believe me, it'll be MY pleasure for sure! Can't wait.
Woody: I'll call you at the # given to me.
You'all have a great weekend.
Dave Kaprocki

I picked this book up at the pta rondy this weekend and when I first picked it up I was not really expecting what I got. I sat down and read it last night while the dish kept going on and off and I will tell ya what at first glance this book looked a little thin but after reading it there is no fluff. this book is all info and worth every penny. the scenarios is just what a novice hunter needs to see and learn how to make more use of the land they have at their hands. if you read this book and do not come away with new things and did not learn anything well then you simply did not have your eyes open. great book dave and I will be be bringin it to the expo for your to sign it.

takereasy ben smyser

ps I could not help but notice that the book has volume 1 on it. is their going to be a volume 2 out in the coming year?

Quote:

ps I could not help but notice that the book has volume 1 on it. is their going to be a volume 2 out in the coming year?

I noted this myself and after reading the book I was wondering the same thing. Any chance of this Dave?

Gentlemen,
Since I just finished volume 1........i am in no hurry to start up right now with V2. I need a breath! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
However, I'm considering pursuing making a fox video. Maybe even this year. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

Also, about the Expo last Sat (7/12) at Foxpro....it sure was fun meeting each of you fellers and shaking your hands. It was an honor to spend a day with you. Foxpro staff were also very gracious to provide their facility to the event. And, thank you to everyone who purchased my fox book.
It was a pleasure to take you $$....just kidding guys.
Good Luck.........until next time.
Dave Kaprocki

I just got my book in the mail from allpredatorcalls.com

Going to have to read it tonight! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Also AP Calls was fast to ship the book.

Well I just finished the book and have to say that it was a well written and detailed book. What I really liked was how there were pictures for the diffrent setups.

I know I'm going to recommend it to any one thats getting into or is a predator hunter.

Great book! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Dave,
was a pleasure meeting you and shaking your hand. thanks once again for putting on a fine seminar on Saturday. and i really appreciated you signing those books for me & Lenneskog. i read your book monday night and thought i was very well put together....no b.s....just the facts type of book every fox hunter should own. well done!

have a great season and hope to meet you again further down the road.

~Woody

Dave--

I got myself a copy of your book with an order of goodies I just received from Allpredatorcalls.com.

I read it cover to cover a couple of times the evening I received it and I took detailed notes and then I printed off some Google Earth aerials of places I will be hunting this upcoming season and I used your scenarios to plot my calling and shooting spots under different possible wind directions.

IMHO far too many predator hunting books all just say the same thing and use a lot of words to say little. Yours didn't waste my time, it gave solid, helpful techniques. I'm from the West and have a lot of experience with the Western predator hunting game. East Coast is a whole different predator world. I liked that you write from the perspective of being located in PA, since I am just down in MD and hunt conditions similar to yours.

BTW, with respect to coyotes, having grown up hunting western coyotes, I agree with the sentiment you expressed in the book: That Easterns are MUCH harder to call than Westerns. With the thick cover here I think I call some I never see. Western Washington and Oregon can be real, real thick, too, but it isn't AS bad, because the forests are mostly coniferous and lack much of the underbrush and the deciduous leaves all over the forest floor that go "CRUNCH!" "CRUNCH!" with each step, unless you are out after a rain or during a drizzle. (I hate that crunching!)

Just by way of additional positive feedback, if you do a 2d edition or volume 2 at some point later, I'd happily fork over a few extra bucks for slightly better photo quality of the B&W pics. Your color plates of aerial shots for your scenarios were great, though, and quite helpful.

Finally, dumb question related to the B&W pics: On page 31 there is a photo with woods on the left, a grass strip and then some brush or woods on the right. The caption reads: "Fox usually come from the split."

I wasn't sure what you meant by that, any chance you could clarify?

Again, I really enjoyed your book and felt it was an excellent value for the money. I'm VERY anxious to apply your techniques! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

JavaFour,
I'm very excited for you, in the fact that you plan to apply some of the techniques learned from reading my book.
Thank you for your purchase.

Your question asked to explain what I meant.....

ANSWER: When I call this particular spot, most fox come from that split in the brushline and walk right up that grown-over trail to my waiting shotgun. It works every time. Find a similiar looking spot in your neck of the woods and set up the same way...they love those splits in the fenceline.

Thanks again and Good Luck!
Dave Kaprocki /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Quote:
JavaFour,
I'm very excited for you, in the fact that you plan to apply some of the techniques learned from reading my book.
Thank you for your purchase.

Your question asked to explain what I meant.....

ANSWER: When I call this particular spot, most fox come from that split in the brushline and walk right up that grown-over trail to my waiting shotgun. It works every time. Find a similiar looking spot in your neck of the woods and set up the same way...they love those splits in the fenceline.

Thanks again and Good Luck!
Dave Kaprocki /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Great, thanks for the 411! My hunting partner this upcoming season will be my 12 y-o boy so I want to get this all down right so I show him correctly.

Just to see if I'm getting this right, here is a piece of land I'll be hunting and the second pic is how I thought you'd set up. Am I close to correct or am I twisted around here? If I'm all wet then, please, let me know, lol, I am just trying to apply your techniques to my areas.

Maringsplit.jpg

Here is how I thought you might set up. (BTW, we'd be walking in from the North, along the edge of the Eastern side woods). I hope you can see the labels OK, I tried to use the diagram style you did in the book.

Maringsplitdiag.jpg

Thanks,
Matt

Matt,
You learn quickly. This is exactly how I would set up. The shooter is in perfect location for a shot.
Just make sure the shooter is within 30 yards or so of the split. They will tend to stop there for a peek. That's when you take the shot.
Nice work on the illustration also... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Good Luck and thanks for the question.

Dave Kaprocki

Thanks for the feedback, Dave. I'll let you know how we do this season. I appreciate your kind words because, I have to admit, I learned originally to always call facing into the wind and the whole cross and/or down wind strategy is new to me, lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BTW, I imagine the book was a lot of work and now promoting it is, too, but when you get a breather if you feel like a new project...

FWIW, I know I would immediately buy a DVD from you if you did one about fox calling and eastern calling in general. There is so, so much out there on the west, but little on the East Coast techniques and there are a lot of hunters here. Believe it or not, I also think Pacific Northwest hunters would like it, too, because western Oregon and Washington have Grays and they live in thick conifer forests there (I'm from WA originally).

Obviously, I know nothing about production and distribution costs or if such a project would be a financially viable one, but I know I'd buy your DVD if you released one. I would find it especially helpful if it emphisized setups and calling, not as much on just kill shots the way some guys' DVD's do. Again, as a consumer, I personally seek educational, 'how to' content more than anything else in a hunting DVD. That was why I liked your book so well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back