9mm coyote?

Yes it will kill them. Effective range depends on the accuracy of the weapon and shooter. As to the rest of the questions with in questions
crazy.gif
. No comprende.

A rock is an effective coyote weapon. If you get close enough and throw it hard enough.

They do make AR-style rifles in 9MM. The main purpose of these ARs is to have a cheap-to-shoot, light-recoil, short range rifle for tactical training.

Given the cost of these ARs, I have no idea why a person would buy one and try to use it for hunting. The range is going to be limited in the extreme and there is no cost advantage. There are dozens of better choices at the same cost or cheaper.

Grouse

Most 9mm bullets don't have great BCs (the ability to overcome air) thus they tend to lose velocity very fast. So how far can you hit a coyote sized target with your AR style 9mm ?
Having never tried it, I 'd guess less than 100 yds and probably less than 50.

I did shoot one with my 9mm Ruger at 20 feet and killed it instantly.........115 gr XTP

Effective range would be how far out you can hit a 5" circle CONSISTANTLY.

May have to do a little blood trailing a time or two but it will kill them.

To me the obvious answer is that the 9mm has put thousands of people down, animals much larger than coyotes. The question is at what range as others have said. Don

Originally Posted By: KillerBearIs a 9mm a effictive coyote round and what yardage can you get the rifle is a ar style 9mm???????

I killed two coyotes this year with my 9mm Carbine equipped with my SRT SPOOK, and CMORE reflex... running 147 grain subs, no lies, shot em both on the dead run and they were done, one was @ 50 yds the other @ about 75... I personally wouldn't take my platform with the handloads I'm running, (147's with 3.4grns of Titegroup) past 100yds.
Here they be,

3T9A2837_zps8a4a04c0.jpg

Last edited:
I had a cx storm that I took out for coyote a few times. It's a fun little carbine and I shot several with it all within 75 yards. It was easily accurate to 100 and I wouldn't hesitate to use it again.

hmmm might have to take the highpoint out and give it a try. If all else fails I guess I could club the coyote to death with it.

Use the 9mm if that is all you have, but Save your pop can money and get something with a little more power.

Last edited:
Like others have said, there are better tools, but a 9mm will work. Heck, the bullet itself is bigger than an claimed exit holes from .223 shooters.

Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: KillerBearIs a 9mm a effictive coyote round and what yardage can you get the rifle is a ar style 9mm???????

I killed two coyotes this year with my 9mm Carbine equipped with my SRT SPOOK, and CMORE reflex... running 147 grain subs, no lies, shot em both on the dead run and they were done, one was @ 50 yds the other @ about 75... I personally wouldn't take my platform with the handloads I'm running, (147's with 3.4grns of Titegroup) past 100yds.
Here they be,

3T9A2837_zps8a4a04c0.jpg

Hey thats my rifle
thumbup1.gif
and those are some nice deer in the background
thumbup1.gif
so you shoot them in the head do you think you could just shoot them twice broadside???? And whats your usual weapon/ caliber of choice?????

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: KillerBearIs a 9mm a effictive coyote round and what yardage can you get the rifle is a ar style 9mm???????

Here they be,

awesome picture! good job getting the little man out hunting!

Originally Posted By: RiflemannGee my .223 AR gets 100 yard groups of ,700" or dime size. Use the 9mm if that is all you have, but Save your pop can money and get something with a little more power.

Debi Downer speaks again...

Use whatever you can accurately engage and kill with. The 9mm has plenty of gusto to 100. Just make sure you are well practiced with it to ensure you can accurately place the shot (as with any caliber/chambering)

I am actually taking with my wife about getting is a 9mm upper. That just seems like a ball of fun. And just to piss someone off, I am going to take many a critter with it...just to peeve some people off.

Back