7mm 120 ballistic tip

Originally Posted By: deerhunterjjI was useing the 140accubonds in a 270wsm and it just rip the deer all to helll. Massive hole going in and comeing out. The accubunds are one bad bullet.

That is exactly the opposite results I have had using the 140 Accubond out of a .270 Win.

So far from 15 big game animals that I have used the 140 AB on; deer, elk, and black bear, the 140 AB has worked very well. The AB for me have performed much like a Partition. With the exception being the 3 AB's that I have recovered did retain a bit more weight than Partitons that I have found.

Friend Lonny,

That's my take on it, as well.

Most folks don't actually understand how a Partition works. The front section is quite frangible and it blows away, followed by the extreme penetration of the rear, behind the partition, section.

The Accubond is much more of a controlled expansion bullet, given the tapered jacket, the jacket annealing and the mechanical jacket/core bonding (similar to a Norma Oryx). And it works very, very well.

Steve

As per the 120 BT holding up to your 7-08 you should be fine. I shoot both the 120 BT and 120 TSX from my 7 rem mag. The BT's are a lightning bolt. Bang-flops on all the deer I have shot with them. Something I did not experience with the 150 BT's or the 140 BT's. Mine are loaded around 3250 (no info infront of me).

I do run the TSX's faster and they work well too. They do not, however, have the same "effect" as the BT's.

Also, the BT's are super accurate. I would quote the accuracy I get from them but there is an entire 5 page (at press time) thread dedicated to the disbelief of such possibilities
grin.gif

B

Moose.jpg

Here is a bullwinkle who was a very satisfied 120-grain Ballistic Tip recipient. He received the 120 under his chin at 91-yards and died instantly.

The bullet fully penetrated the moose's neck and left a one-inch exit. Meat loss was perhaps three ounces. As far as I know, the bullet is still in low-orbit of the earth.

Rifle was my beloved .280 Ackley and the muzzle velocity = 3,370 fps @ 10 feet.

-----------------------------------------------------------

elkguts.jpg

Here is another satisfied customer. This 6X6 bull received a 120-grain Ballistic Tip in the center of his left shoulder; the bullet broke both shoulders and was laying just under the skin of the far shoulder.

The bullet was fully expanded to .78" and weighed 108.8 grains.

Rifle was my 7-08 Ackley and muzzle velocity was 3,255 fps. Range from the muzzle to the bull was approx. 370 yards.

The bull was dead on the bullet impact and he fell/slid down the hill. This is a photo of the corpus delicious in the bottom of the canyon.

Steve

I've never had a problem with the BT killin' stuff, it's just the mess it seems to make. Other bullets have killed equally well, without the mess, IME......

My good friend Steve Timm turned me onto the .280 Ackley Improved and the 120 grain Nosler BT.

I'm getting 3323 fps out of a 23 inch barrel and it is pure poison on deer near or far.

Back