6.8 Western brass? I can't find any ANYWHERE.

Hidalgo

I have found a 6.8 Western that I am chomping at the bit to buy. But after doing some pre-purchase scouting there doesn't seem to be any brass available. Is this going to be a problem going forward? I don't intend to feed this thing factory ammo .............

I saw where the guy from Backfire asked the guy at the star line brass booth at shot show if they were going to be making any 6.8 brass and they said no.

6.8 western was dead on arrival it looks like

Thanks Sean. Still gives me pause, because if Starline isn't getting involved, and Winchester isn't available anywhere (they were one of the people who invented the darn thing) it makes me wonder if I want to go out on that limb.

Nothing showing on ammoseek. A couple years ago, maybe 3, Scheels in Rapid had piles of the stuff, but nothing else. I thought then I should buy a bunch for an investment lol but didn't. They do show some ammo at 2.50 a round.

I'd say it's dead or close to it. I seem to specialize in those types of rounds, I have a 300 Saum and 2 30 Rem ARs, and had 2 different wssms. Kind of fun to have something you know very few have on the one hand, kind of bad if you don't have a stash of brass though. Every once in a while I search gb for 308 Marlins or 307 Wins, they go for pretty good money.

Its Olin Corps failure.

Winchester is owned by FN and has nothing to do with ammo.

That is one neat cartridge. The lack of support is sad.

I don't know what happen to Olin trademark Winchester brass? I really like it for 223 and 270. I am still shooting bags of it i bought before Brandon took office.

I know that a German company bought out the section of Olin that made brass here in the USA.

Sad how our country has sold out.

Back