55gr. v-max

yes its .223 but all i have on hand is imr 4198 and bl-c2. those 55gr v-max factory loads sure shoot good in my tikka. wish i could come up with some reloads as good as they are but so far no luck.

I loaded some 55 gr. V-Max with 23.8 grs of 3031 last year and got excellent results.
This year, I loaded some with 24 grs. of X-Terminator with the V-Max. From what I hear, it's an excellent combination.
As soon as the weather straightens out, I'll give a report.

From Hornady's re-loading manual 7th edition pg 144 "The powders that gave the most uniform velocities and best accuracy throughout the range of .22 caliber bullets were IMR4198,Viht N-130, Vight N-135, and H 322." I would pull one of the bullets from one of your rounds and weigh the powder charge, compare it to the IMR 4198 and H 322. If the granuals of either match up I'd start 10% low and work up--but then all my shooting buddies think I'm a crazy son of a gun so take this for what it's worth. dedogs
smile.gif

Quote:wish i could come up with some reloads as good as they are but so far no luck.

You too, huh? It's like my D-Tech was designed just to shoot those.
laugh.gif

My Remmy 7 243 LOVES the 58gr V-Max. I'm getting closer on it to. Seems to like both RE-15 and IMR 4064 right now. Those hornady loads are AMAZING!

Quote:...and its was loaded with 23.8 gr. of some kind of powder.

Extruded or spherical? Nothing to compare it to, huh?
Do you own a chrony?

Originally Posted By: reservecopi pulled on of my factory loads and its was loaded with 23.8 gr. of some kind of powder.

sounds like 23.8 grains of just about anything ought to do the trick then.

Never assume anything when reloading. Safety is the key and it only takes one mistake. Be safe.

shooter

Quote:...sounds like 23.8 grains of just about anything ought to do the trick then.

laugh.gif
No, I kinda doubt it. If we had chrony data, and knowing it's a 23.8 gr. powder charge, though, we might be able to narrow it down to 2 or 3 possibilities.

322 shot real well in my M-4, but it's real dirty. I went to TAC and got results that I could live with, plus it feeds my AR-10 nicely. Clean, MOA groups (sub MOA on the 308), cheaper than Hogdens, good availability.

Back