53.5 lb dog eater

!#¤%&%#¤!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif thats a big dog, congrats on both!!!

Thanks for sharing!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

///Fredrik /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Thanks guys, I'm pretty proud of it. It takes a lot to get me worked up but I was on a cloud for a couple hours after that big one. He's sleeping in the freezer now.

Ryan

huge dogs nice job next time you might want to take a splitting maul instead of a ball peen lol good job on some super dogs Ron

I would have felt safer with a splitting maul but it would defeat the purpose of holding back on the kill shot. I was wondering what those things were called that people used to get bonked in the back of the head with in old movies? I could use a bigger model.

Ryan

That little fox is funny. I wonder now about getting a big Jack Rabbit mounted I bet it would end up destroyed if I didn't see the 'yote a ways out. Hhhhhmmm I will have to see what the rules say about that maybe ask one of local wardens if it would be legal. I can't imagine how great that could be set up on a remote call with a camera rolling. if the 'yote came in at the right angle you might not have a shot till the decoy was dead a second time. I imagine I would want to weight it down or maybe stake it.

I could even leave it by my sisters rabbit cage and it would smell right.

You got me thinking.

BTW if you saw another dog about the same size as that you might be in the super dog capital. Most of the dogs around here are pretty small.

Jeepdude1987- it seems to me when coyotes/fox get right up to a decoy they just know something is off and they dart.

I did see another dog around the same size but haven't seen him since. I called there this AM. Here's a 45lber from monday morning.

mud004.jpg

Well I guess, but there are stories here and there of guys having a caller that got 'yote teeth marks in them. So I figure that it would be entertaining to get them with a decoy like that. At the very least it would be interesting to try it, and if they get close to it then as long as I have a shot by by coyote.

I seen the mount yesterday and it looks very good. It was the biggest mold my taxidermist could order. I can pick it up in a week or so. Still drying and it needs to be mounted on the final base.

At first I thought no way, that's not my coyote, he was way bigger than that. But after further inspection the chest,belly,thighs are very thick and all the hair has to be blown out yet. I see a lot of wolves so that also probably threw me off. It's a beautiful mount regardless. I'll put him up next to my 75lb. black lab for comparison. Ryan

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Displayed Name I would have felt safer with a splitting maul but it would defeat the purpose of holding back on the kill shot. I was wondering what those things were called that people used to get bonked in the back of the head with in old movies? I could use a bigger model.

Ryan

Maybe a 'sap'.

What a dog. Waiting to see the mount.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jumprightinitOriginally Posted By: Displayed Name I would have felt safer with a splitting maul but it would defeat the purpose of holding back on the kill shot. I was wondering what those things were called that people used to get bonked in the back of the head with in old movies? I could use a bigger model.

Ryan

Maybe a 'sap'.

What a dog. Waiting to see the mount.

Maybe a mace?
confused.gif

That's a dang big dog!!
grin.gif

Back