5.56 in a 223 anyone ever hear of someone blowing one up

Originally Posted By: Ridgeline17Where people might be gettin an issue is the SAW(squad automatic weapon) ammo in 5.56 is loaded hotter than AR ammo if they get ahold of that someway buts other than that been shootin 5.56 in 223 for quite awhile and no issues. I remember startin out with a cheap 700 ADL to fire it and couple of my military buds thought I was crazy until I showed them it worked. No live rounds on the range after that.

That's another wives tale.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: Ridgeline17Where people might be gettin an issue is the SAW(squad automatic weapon) ammo in 5.56 is loaded hotter than AR ammo if they get ahold of that someway buts other than that been shootin 5.56 in 223 for quite awhile and no issues. I remember startin out with a cheap 700 ADL to fire it and couple of my military buds thought I was crazy until I showed them it worked. No live rounds on the range after that.

frown.gif

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Nope, SAW ammo is the same.

I would think that would be rather costly and time consuming to produce to seperate loads of the same chambering. Atleast that makes sense to me. But wasn't the government buying $600 toilet seats at one time?

Chupa

Originally Posted By: ChupathingyOriginally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: Ridgeline17Where people might be gettin an issue is the SAW(squad automatic weapon) ammo in 5.56 is loaded hotter than AR ammo if they get ahold of that someway buts other than that been shootin 5.56 in 223 for quite awhile and no issues. I remember startin out with a cheap 700 ADL to fire it and couple of my military buds thought I was crazy until I showed them it worked. No live rounds on the range after that.

frown.gif

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Nope, SAW ammo is the same.

I would think that would be rather costly and time consuming to produce to seperate loads of the same chambering. Atleast that makes sense to me. But wasn't the government buying $600 toilet seats at one time?

Chupa

Congress was doing the buying. Congress has to support their hommies.

The whole reason I got into .223 rifles was because as the Base Weapons Officer, I had magazines full of the stuff so I had plenty of shooting ammo and lots to reload. I reloaded it because Military ammo flat sux. I'm to the point I don't argue about it any more because there are so many experts on the net that know you can't shoot 5.56 in a .223.

Originally Posted By: JerrySchmittI'm to the point I don't argue about it any more because there are so many experts on the net that know you can't shoot 5.56 in a .223.

That's true, but you can shoot .17HMR through .338 LM (excluding 5.56) in a .223 chamber. Done it, shoots bug hole lights out all day long if you do your part with the right boolits.
lol.gif

Sorry, my impulse control module was faulty!

Originally Posted By: JerrySchmitt

"I'm to the point I don't argue about it any more because there are so many experts on the net that know you can't shoot 5.56 in a .223."

Ain't that the trut!!

Some people have a knee-jerk response to everything....."you'll blow the gun up"....."you'll kill yourself"...."you'll lose an eye/hand/arm." You see this all the time on shooting boards and especially reloading forums.

Shooting 5.56 in a .223 won't blow up the gun.

Originally Posted By: Ackman

That may be true, but the Earth most certainly will start rotating in the opposite direction. There is no disputing that fact!

Chupa

Originally Posted By: ChupathingyOriginally Posted By: Ackman

That may be true, but the Earth most certainly will start rotating in the opposite direction. There is no disputing that fact!

Chupa

And the magnetic poles will switch and your GPS won't work anymore.

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: ChupathingyOriginally Posted By: Ackman

Chupa

HOLY CRAP! I didn't think of that! How will I be able to find the convenience store at the end of my block then!?
scared.gif

Chupa

Originally Posted By: ChupathingyOriginally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: ChupathingyOriginally Posted By: Ackman

Chupa

HOLY CRAP! I didn't think of that! How will I be able to find the convenience store at the end of my block then!?
scared.gif

Chupa

You hafta go around the block from the other direction - so there!!

Not only that but you gotta drink beer from the bottom of the can
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: CatShooter
Not only that but you gotta drink beer from the bottom of the can
lol.gif

Well duh!! That's the fastest way to the finish one is to start at the end.
wink.gif

The whole 223 vs 5.56 reminds me of this clip. BB guns shoot eyes out, it's a fact, that's what they do. Don't believe it, ask your mother. After all, they are the one that start the wives tales anyways
ohmy.gif
. Shooting at a flat metal sign for a backstop has no bearing on the results.

Back