-43 below and all's well!

Helipilotm,

Yes, those are flight gloves and no, I don't have anything underneath them but my fingers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Don't tell anyone but they're my little secret. It's amazing how warm your hands will stay in such a light glove. I wear them all the time. The beauty is one can shoot while wearing the glove. After all, that's what they are made for, isn't it? But, if you will look closely at the photo, on the snow one can see a big military mitten, similar to the fur ones we used up in Alaska. With the flight gloves on, I can easily shove my hands into the mittens. Once I see something coming, out comes the glove wrapped hands to quickly grab a cold black rifle and shoot. They're great!

As for those of you who think I'm crazy, you're right! What sane individual would venture out into the hinter lands at -43? My hands have been so cold at times I felt like puking! But, like my lovely wife says, "I love it"!!

Also, thanks for the compliments on the pictures. Once the camera warmed up next to my body, it worked fine.

Back