308 or 6.5 Creedmore for coyotes

If a 223 or 22-250 is what you REALLY would rather have, then don't settle for what you can get. You'll never be happy with it. You may like it and it may shoot good but is wasn't really what you were wanting. For the cost of a Waypoint you can almost build a semi custom rifle or buy a nice factory rifle in the caliber you were wanting. I had a fetish for a Waypoint a while back but some of the reviews I watched kinda turned me away from them. I'd keep shopping until I found what I wanted in the caliber I wanted. JMO

I believe a 6mm on a fox or cat would be as much or more of an "overkill" than my 6.5CM/95gr vmax on coyotes. I have killed a couple fox with it and it's way too much, but the damage to coyotes has been minimal. This is just my experience with it.
I agree with most of it, but I can tell you that a 95gr V-Max going 3100 fps at 50-100 yds leaves an extra large exit hole in coyotes. It's definitely not a fur friendly round. Bullet selection and velocities can make a world of difference as far as fur friendly or not with most calibers discussed.

I just zeroed my 6.5cm with the 95gr Vmax's. Figured I'd give it a try.

I love the 6mm ARC. For my hunting it is perfect with the 75gr vmax.

I agree with most of it, but I can tell you that a 95gr V-Max going 3100 fps at 50-100 yds leaves an extra large exit hole in coyotes. It's definitely not a fur friendly round. Bullet selection and velocities can make a world of difference as far as fur friendly or not with most calibers discussed.
Where are you hitting them? I've had several I couldn't see the entrance or the exit hole on. My taxi said one of mine I heart shot had a pretty good exit hole when he skinned it, but he hasn't mentioned any of the others. Maybe he just sews them up and doesn't tell me?? Here in MI I don't kill nearly as many yotes as a lot of you, but I've got 20+ coyotes with my 6.5CM/95gr vmax and that's been my experience with it.

Where are you hitting them? I've had several I couldn't see the entrance or the exit hole on. My taxi said one of mine I heart shot had a pretty good exit hole when he skinned it, but he hasn't mentioned any of the others. Maybe he just sews them up and doesn't tell me?? Here in MI I don't kill nearly as many yotes as a lot of you, but I've got 20+ coyotes with my 6.5CM/95gr vmax and that's been my experience with it.
Sounds like you're happy with it and that's all that matters.

Last edited:
Sounds like you're happy with it and that's all that matters.
Other than it weighing just under 14lbs, I've been pretty happy with it. I just don't want to keep telling people that the 6.5CM/95gr vmax combo is fur friendly if I'm the anomaly, know what I'm saying?? I just personally don't see it blowing big holes in coyotes. I'm the only one in my circle of friends that hunt with it so really no other real-world data.

Back