300 rum scope

Spanky2023

Hello folks..newbie here..I apologize in advance if this has been covered..plain and simple..I have an elk hunt in az in October..need a scope that will hold up to the 300 rum..I did just put a muzzle break on it..she's ready to go..suggestions would be greatly appreciated..it's set up with 1 inch rings..thankyou all in advance..jim from Chandler az
thumbup.gif

Lots of options out there. What price range are you looking at? Mils or moa? What kind of reticle do you prefer? Are you wanting to dial for elevation? How fare are you confident in shooting?

We really need to know your expectations of the scope. .I had a 300 win mag and killed deer with it using a straight 10x in an LR type situation and with a 1-4x20 in the forests of northern MN.

If it were me and not knowing where I was going to draw a tag and wanting to keep my budget at a minimum, I'd look at something in the 2-12, 2.5-10, or 3-9 with a BDC type reticle and get out and put a lot of time behind it at various.range and in field shooting position so drawing down on a critter and knowing where the bullet is going to go is second nature. I wouldn't turn my nose up at a 2,5-8 either. I like FOV on the bottom end if you have to go into the thick stuff to finish one off and you don't need a lot of X's to reach out a.reasonable distance. My open county coyote rifles wear 2-12s.

I would take a look at Riton Optics. The 3 Primal 4-16X44 would serve your needs perfectly and not break the bank. The story can change when you try to pinch pennies while shooting a 22 LR instead of the mighty .300 RUM. I have a 1 Primal 4-12X50, and I am thoroughly impressed with all it offers. I would suggest it to you if it had a BDC-type reticle. The more advanced 3 Primal with get the job done for you and not break the bank. You can dial in your specific ballistic data using Strelok Pro to get the bullet drops which should be helpful considering the long-range capabilities of your chosen caliber.

Thanks folks for the responses..I apologize for being so vague and the slow response..118 degree phx heat and iron work doesn't mix to well..I'm fine [beeep]...looking for a quality scope for under 400 buks..I do like the bdc reticle..don't believe I would attempt anything over 500 yds..my old welders eyes need the best magnification they can get...maybe a 6x18 or close to it..I read the responses and appreciate everyone of them..wasn't too familiar with riton..seen a few reviews..I'm going to check them out along with Hawke and leupold that come in the 1 inch tube...thankyou again to all...jim

Just received the scope today..the clarity is incredible, comes with flip up caps..I'm liking it already..will mount it tomorrow..and hopefully a range day next Saturday. Will give you all an update..thanks again to everyone who responded

Back