.25 acp 4"barrel for deer??

ha ha ha, thats about as stupid as one can get. Lets jump out of a tree, onto a wild animal, with a loaded pistol!!!

Dam, I thought us westerners were crazy, but you southerners got us beat hands freaking down!!!

I wouldn't even consider using a 25 acp on deer as a finisher...

There's an old joke-
If you shoot me with an .25 and I find out about it I'll kick your ???

My brother in law use to work security in Chicago. He heard more than one story about gang bangers shooting somebody with one. Their winter coats would stop the bullet. One guy that he witnessed handed the projectile over to the cops while giving the discription of the shooter.

I can't believe you guys have to use something as heavy as a 25acp for hunting.
Up here in Montana we can use both .17hmr & .22lr rimfires for deer, bear, and elk hunting.

And yes, I am serious. There are NO rifle caliber restrictions of any kind for taking big game in our great state.

Have never seen it done, but I am sure there is an idiot somewhere who will shoot something with a little......

I'd like to draw your attention to the words of the father of the modern pistol school the late Col. Jeff Cooper.

I paraphrase here

re; the .25acp "Load it if it comforts you, but never carry it. For if you carry it, you may shoot someone and if you shoot someone they may become angry and do you bodily harm".

But on the flip side;
I've seen a guy drive into the ER with .25 acp brass laying on the windshield wiper and hood of his car. 2 holes in the door and multiple holes in his chest.(the window partway down) That was as far as he made it on his own. He couldn't t tell me how far he drove to get there.. . He made it to surgery. and, , , I've seen more than one "bad actor" DRT with .32 acp brass lyin' all around.
"Shot placement is king,, , penetration is queen"

Back