.243 .308 6.5 creedmore or other caliber

Have to go with the others...243. I've seen anything from woodchucks to whitetails taken with the 243. Where I deer hunt watched an 8 year old grandson of a good friend take an 8 point with a break action and 16" barrel...think it was a New England Arms rifle. Granted SC deer are a bit smaller but 243 did it. I've got a Tikka 243 loaded with 75 gr for varmint/predator and 100 gr for deer. Watch the twist rates on Tikka's they're 1:10 so I can't shoot anything over 100gr. And you can find 243 factory ammo anywhere. All that said I hand load and have a 6.5 Creedmoor on my wish list

This may be a question for another topic but does anyone have any experience with either a Bergera b14 hunter in the .243 or the Browning Hells Canyon Speed in the .243? I'm open to other but these two have caught my eye over the last couple of days looking at different rifles.

I have several Browning's a couple in .243 even. It just happens that neither of them are the Model you mentioned. BUT! if it says Browning, it has my attention. They are shooters, everyone I've owned. Barrels come free floated, the actions are bedded, shoots most anything right out of the box, some better than others.

That Hells Canyon camo job is nice looking. GET THAT ONE!

Sonny P

I shoot a 243 with 70 grain blitz kings gives me a 1/4 inch at a 100 yards and I have shot factory 75 grain vmaxs about the same

A nice compact 243 like a Tikka, should be the ticket. Unless you reload.. then the 22-250 should be good
smile.gif

I said 243 as a reply to your initial post.... However since you said coyotes only lets throw in the 6.5 Grendel as a great addition...... AR platform as well as great bolt action guns..... Now what do you say..... ???????

Good choice on the 243. Haven't seen many 243's that don't shoot absolutely lights out. Both of mine (Marlin XS7 & TC Venture) shoot around 1/2 minute of angle consistently. This is with sporter weight barrels. I own a 308 and it is very accurate too. Never shot a 6.5 Creed but, I have no doubt they would be a great round.

Robert

pcew 73, 243 being the 2nd choice behind 220 Swift. If you want accuracy at a moderate price, it will be hard to beat the ugly azz Tikka or the more ugly CZ. Just my opinion. I just remembered, my buddy has a Savage Max-1 in .243 that with 80 gr. factory (forgot what brand) shoots groups awesome for factory ammo & factory gun, easy 3 shot .5 moa.
Jim D

Back