223 Rem, Sierra #1365 & Benchmark

Dooger

Sierra .224 55gr SP (#1365) with Benchmark...shooting out of a 223 Rem.

Anybody have any load data? I've searched high and low to no avail.

Anything published on the combo anywhere? I have found data for similar bullets, but not the exact bullet. I know a lot of people will use data for a similar bullet, but I'd like to see something that is published for the exact combo first...I'm picky.

Thanks in advance!

Get the sierra manual if you want data for their specific bullets.

Wont make a lick of difference imho, id rather be picky where it counts but to each their own.

Good luck

Won't make a hill of beans having a specific bullet/powder combo being published as long as you use reloading common sense and back down and then work back up. Try loading for a wildcat. There is not any or very much data about it. Plus there are some old loading manuals out there that do not list any of the data that I have for some of my firearms that were once a published load.

One of the best loads that always seems to work for me is 24.5 of Benchmark with Sierra's 60 gr. hollow point. I would probably start there and work up a few tenths. I always use standard primers. I get about 2900 fps from a 20 inch tube.

Good luck.

24.7 benchmark with a 55 varmageddon works great for me so far and is literally accurate enough to draw pictures, lol. That's what I did with my last 15 rounds yesterday.

I can't imagine the load for another premium bullet being too far off.

I used this load for years in a 340 savage, 25 grs. 4064 with the 1365 bullet.
Tried it in several more bolt guns and it worked in them too. Only gun it didn't was a
O/U 223/12 ga.

Kermit

Back