.223 not enough for coyotes. makes me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: pyscodogPound sand Winny!

w00t.gif

Does this mean I'm not in your will any longer?

Originally Posted By: hate2workcase in point. Sometimes its just better to STFU about people or things you have no first hand experience with.

Easily the most outstanding point so far, nice

I have taken a couple days briefly sorting thru all these posts . My bottom line is I shot gun hunt certain properties where I call in the thick with success . I own a few .223's and have had good success with V Max loads but have had a few run offs on moving shots . I know shot placement is critical . My .22-250 just flat puts them down even with a bad shot I always find them and finish them off . I really like the .22-250 when calling across large field that do not offer much cover and they won't come in any closer it really shines for me and my style of hunting . I do not feel under gunned with my .223's but prefer the .22-250 in those longer open shots .

Originally Posted By: Foxpro.223The individual responsible for writing that sounds like Jim Zumbo or one of Michael Bloombergs trolls trying to win the hearts and minds of rugged American outdoorsmen into giving up more of their rights.

Lets face it, you give into their wishes of banning semi-auto rifles and they will never stop there. It will be bolt guns next and so on and so fourth. They (the gun grabbers) have wanted to ban bolt action deer rifles for a long time now, they want to term deer rifles as sniper rifles and designate them unfit for civilians to own. Same with semi-auto shotguns, they (the gun grabbers and the communists at the ATF) have been wanting to designate semi-auto shotguns as destrctive devices and make them illegal for civies,... I mean we the surfs to own.

Surf is water......serf is a peasant.

As both DAA and Tawnoper have already pointed out you couldn't be more wrong about the man that posted that. BTW, there aren't many newbies on his website. Also, it was posted tongue in cheek.

That guy has called in and killed more coyotes than most of you have ever seen. He is no liberal or gun grabber by any stretch.

His website is small and is mostly inhabited by some of the best callers in the country with a LOT of experience. People there know how to take a joke.

So what is the name of this near secret site so that we may all gain from his vast knowledge. If the 223 wont work how about a 556. It has more chamber pressure right. Perhaps I could leave the AR and bolt guns in the safe and go back to single shot rifles and handguns. Or shoot emwith my 300wea, that ought to work for at least 100yards.

Good to see this much interest in a post. Since the church blew up I was losing hope.

Originally Posted By: sandy hicksSo what is the name of this near secret site so that we may all gain from his vast knowledge. If the 223 wont work how about a 556. It has more chamber pressure right. Perhaps I could leave the AR and bolt guns in the safe and go back to single shot rifles and handguns. Or shoot emwith my 300wea, that ought to work for at least 100yards.

Good to see this much interest in a post. Since the church blew up I was losing hope.

Wow. Sure a lot of bent panties over apparently nothing. As several who know the individual and the circumstances have stated, it was written tongue in cheek.

No knotted g-string here. Just a little sarcasm. We are all gonna shoot em with whatever we want to anyway. A 22lr is too small for deer but I have used it to good results with zero losses, same with the 223. Get close,shoot straight, no worries.

lol. maybe he said this as tongue in cheek also.

same guy: "I haven't actually used a 223 on coyotes in somewhere between 15 and 20 years ago, but at the time, I didn't kill a single one with a single shot. This was in a target rich environment and even though it was only over about three days of hunting, I couldn't anchor a ******* coyote to save my life. Granted, this scope was mounted on the AR handle and that created a few problems since the damned thing was either zeroed at 50 yards or 100 yards and the impact point was considerably different depending. Nowadays, with flat tops, that's not a concern but when they are moving through the brush, or you have to anticipate where they will appear in a clearing, [beeep], I must have just imagined all this, like a bad dream?

That's my opinion, get more gun, or less gun. I don't have a problem with any seventeen at moderate ranges, or something like a 204, but why keep pushing an anemic little underperforming cartridge like the 223, is beyond me? Save it for all of our experts out there. For the rest of us, it's a piece of ****."

so in a place where there were a lot of coyotes to be shot he did not kill a single coyote with only one shot with a 223. this is in 3 days of hunting.

ok, maybe he has killed more coyotes than all the rest of us combined.
rolleyes.gif
but it sounds like he can not shoot as well as most of us. i would bad mouth the 223 too if my shooting skills were that bad.
lol.gif

to be fair, i know back in the good old days this guy did kill a lot of animals. but back in the good old days a lot of guys killed a lot of animals. even me. just think how many more this guy would of killed if he was a good shooter.
tongue_smilie.gif

Interesting point. It is considerably more difficult to call coyotes these days than it ever was 15 years ago. The amount of pressure these days borders on ridiculous in some areas.

Originally Posted By: orkanInteresting point. It is considerably more difficult to call coyotes these days than it ever was 15 years ago. The amount of pressure these days borders on ridiculous in some areas.

I hunt public hunting land 99.5% of the time. I hear the coyotes at night, every night! Go to where I have heard them and make several stands during the course of the day and if I see a single coyote, I feel lucky. There are very few people that actually coyote hunt there, mostly deer and turkey hunters, but when an opportune shot comes, I'm sure they will take it. Thus, educating the yotes. Guess it really doesn't matter what I'm using to hunt with. Have to agree with orkan, hunting pressure is ridiculous these days.

Originally Posted By: orkanInteresting point. It is considerably more difficult to call coyotes these days than it ever was 15 years ago. The amount of pressure these days borders on ridiculous in some areas.

yes that. but not only that. there just is not the numbers that there was 30 or more years ago.

used to be very common to see dispersing pups killed on the roads around this time of year. was very common to see coyotes wandering around while driving on county roads, interstates, 2 tracks, anywhere and everywhere. not at all common now days. could stop about anywhere, walk out of sight of the vehicle and could have a very good chance of calling a coyote. none of that is common now days. i miss those days.

Wow! Just found that thread on the other forum, could've stood for some chest waders the s#!+ was so deep there.

Originally Posted By: AdamTWow! Just found that thread on the other forum, could've stood for some chest waders the s#!+ was so deep there.

bunch of it was all in fun. bunch of it was tongue in cheek. but the guy really does think a 223 is not enough for coyotes. which still makes me laugh.
lol.gif
i feel bad for the guy that got banned over such silliness.

Right. To each his own I guess. I'll most likely still take my 223 along at times, have one in a bolt gun and AR. I won't retire the 222, and I'm just dying to take my new 204 AR out. I've got a 243 on the way and it'll probably see opportunities as well. At the end of the day, good hits are key, and dead is dead, no matter how you look at it or what caliber you send down range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back