223 load 60gr Sierra...

I find the 60 hp to be very accurate but does not perform very well on coyotes. They go down, but then get right up and start running again. Have to use a second shot to put them down.

Well I have about 200 of the 60gr Sierra left so I’ll use what I have for now or shoot them out of my AR until I decide to get something different.

Originally Posted By: KelchWell I have about 200 of the 60gr Sierra left so I’ll use what I have for now or shoot them out of my AR until I decide to get something different.

When/if you switch,,,,, go to the 60gr sp Hornady or the 63gr Sierra. You will be happy.

If you can find them the 60 grain Bergers are the most accurate 60 grain bullet I’ve shot. And it’s got a pretty good B.C (.278) I bought a bunch years ago but they are hard to find now. I have shot a pile of coyotes with them. They do a great job.

Good Hunting Chad

I've never had a hornady bullet shoot as good as a sierra. Over 50 years
While I can't say quite that, I have had Hornady out shoot Sierras now and then. But if I'm looking for pure accuracy I always choose Sierra MK's, in my experience, day in and day out, nothing like a match king!

Back