.223 bullets for predator hunting

Reloading is a big investment in time. Much bigger than most anticipate i think.

Buying the tools is a big investment in money. So is buying the wrong tools and the wrong components.

I recommend a Redding T7 press and a RCBS charge master and a Lyman electric case prep machine.

I like Federal Premium and WW brass. WSR primers, Sierra #1390's for short range bullets and 55 grain Nosler BT's for longer shooting.

26.5 - 27.0 grains of W748 powder is F'ing accurate. I get about 3100fps out of a 24 inch barrel with a hogged out NATO chamber.

Originally Posted By: ackleymanSomewhere around 34.5g of Benchmark with a cci 450 in an AR with a 9T will be a home run with some speed.

Assuming you must have a typing error here as you can't get 34.5 gr. of Benchmark in .223 case.

I just ordered several hundred bullets of different makes, so now I'll ask about powder.

I know some have already commented on powder brands and I appreciate that but what are the rest of you using? Thats NOT temp sensitive

Last edited:
Varget is probably the least temp sensitive. I personally like h4895 for speed/accuracy the most. Benchmark is very good also. Look for the "extreme" badge on the label for temp stability.

Imr 8208xbr is supposed to be good.

Shooters world powders claim their precision powder is out performing Varget.

Back