25.0 Benchmark
Lake City Brass
55gr VMAX
CCI 400

24.5 gr Varget or 22.6 gr IMR XBR 8208
Lake City Brass
75 gr Hornady HPBT
CCI 400

ARlaunch I always seem to get a larger FPS spread with every rifle I use them in and seemed to be a similar result with the 223. And I’m not happy with 1 1/2” group at all but I plan on getting some new brass (only ever used once fired military type brass) changing my scope and rings, going to a 53gr Vmax or Sierra. Just seems like it may be a better chance at getting some better accuracy. I may be abandoning the 60gr for now and coming back to them later. I did get a box of 55gr Vmax factory ammo to try as well.

Originally Posted By: old catTry CFE .223 it will be your fastest powder. It has shot well with about every bullet I have tried. I only use 40 gr V-MAX in mine.

This is exactly what I run in my Benelli MR1 and get 1” groups at 100. It’s a 1:9 twist barrel. Not a perfect bullet for windy conditions but accurate enough for 75% of what I’m doing with it which is pushing coyotes with hounds here in Ontario.

Another powder with looking at is H322. It won’t net you top velocities, but I’ve found it to be a consistent performer with Nosler 55 grain ballistic tips. As a bonus, it’s supposed to be very temperature stable. I haven’t had a chance go verify temp stability as of yet. Varget has also been very good to me.

Back