.223 AI info

Let us know how it works. I've not used my full lenght sizing die yet. Hope I don't need to.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110Here's one Mod box I did.
DSC_0401-1.jpg

Thanks for the reminder Mike. I knew I forgot something for the new rifle. Got my mag box curing right now. Hope to put it together on Sat.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeHe said they SHOULD work, not they will work.

I'd get the proper dies.

I have not checked maybe you can get a collet die for the .223AI but if not I would try the .223 collet since Lee said it probably would...heck I use a 22PPC collet die on my .221 Fireball and it works.

Originally Posted By: BigKevHow do the 1:8's stabilize the lighter projectiles? 40gr BT's etc.

[and i dont mean the physics of it :)]

Just fine. I've not shot a slew of them, but have shot enough 40Vmax's to know that they shot very well. FWIW even my 1-8" 22-250 shot the 40Vmax into sub-moa groups.

Originally Posted By: brdeano
Just fine. I've not shot a slew of them, but have shot enough 40Vmax's to know that they shot very well. FWIW even my 1-8" 22-250 shot the 40Vmax into sub-moa groups.

Very good, at least that twist rate is flexible.

I use nothing but lee collet die(Neck)for .223AI.Just follow directions on adjustment and you are there.Nice straight necks are nice,but no case lube is flipping great!

Yep, 100% in your camp there smirker. I use them exclusively for the .223 Rem right now, and plan on doing the same for the AI when I get a new barrel picked out.

I use collets on every caliber I own (that they make them for anyway). Love them.

Back