22 ARC load data is out on the Hornady website. Links here.

When they post data for a gas gun (assuming most interested are shooting an AR15) why do they still test with a 24" barrel?

I find that interesting also, as they used a more practical 18 inch test platform for the 6mm ARC.

I love all these new calibers!

But everything is scarce, and too expensive these days for me. I will likely be shooting 223/5.56 for life.

For the distances I shoot, I have never wished I had more gun. Only cheaper bullets!!!

I find that interesting also, as they used a more practical 18 inch test platform for the 6mm ARC.
I just ordered everything to build an 18" 6mm ARC Friday and paid the .99 for the gas gun load data for it on the Hornady app and noticed that too. Just seems kind of random.

When they post data for a gas gun (assuming most interested are shooting an AR15) why do they still test with a 24" barrel?

Because they are marketing it against the 22-250 so they gotta inflate the velocity numbers as much as they can!!

Because they are marketing it against the 22-250 so they gotta inflate the velocity numbers as much as they can!!
That's a fact. It doesn't take much effort to compare 22-250 data with 22 ARC data on Hodgdon's page to see they are worlds apart IMO. Comparing both with a 62gr bullet, the 22-250 is averaging a good 300 fps faster.

I'm glad they didn't do that with the 6mm ARC data

Back