22-6.8

Originally Posted By: varminter .223Well I hear it's basically a 22 Nosler and they boast 3600 plus with nosgar brass. I thought maybe with the shoulder change there might be room for a little more powder to hit that 37 mark.

The 22 NOSGAR is already shooting great with both Ritch and I using it. This has more capacity than the 22 NOSGAR so maybe an extra 100 FPS or so. We shall see. Ritch's barrel is done and should be headed his way. If it works they have a tube ready to spin for me that will be a bit longer than his.

Greg

I also notice Midway is now selling Nosler 22 Nosler brass under the Dogtown name for the same basic price where they were clearancing the Nosler brand.

If I live to be 175 I will most likely never wear out the Nosler brass I have stashed......
I dont see any 22 nosler brass listed on starlines site??

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223If I live to be 175 I will most likely never wear out the Nosler brass I have stashed......

LOL That must be quite a pile or your trigger finger has locked up.

Greg

I have had pretty good luck with SAS brass. I am running it pretty hot,& getting 6 to 8 loadings. Primer pockets first to go.

Originally Posted By: old catI have had pretty good luck with SAS brass. I am running it pretty hot,& getting 6 to 8 loadings. Primer pockets first to go.

All my SSA is pre-Nosler production. It last forever. This new stuff on the 22 NOSLER not near that quality from them.

As I've said I believe the Starline is a better case in this one. I'm working hard to convince Starline to produce true Hagar or the 22 NOSGAR case. This one run a year from Hornady on the Hagar stuff isn't cutting it.

Greg

Will it be called the saami Hagar..... just make sure it's not got too much free bore so it won't be.... I Can't Drive 55s LOL

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: old catI have had pretty good luck with SAS brass. I am running it pretty hot,& getting 6 to 8 loadings. Primer pockets first to go.

All my SSA is pre-Nosler production. It last forever. This new stuff on the 22 NOSLER not near that quality from them.

As I've said I believe the Starline is a better case in this one. I'm working hard to convince Starline to produce true Hagar or the 22 NOSGAR case. This one run a year from Hornady on the Hagar stuff isn't cutting it.

Greg

Not 22 Nosler .22x6.8

Originally Posted By: varminter .223Will it be called the saami Hagar..... just make sure it's not got too much free bore so it won't be.... I Can't Drive 55s LOL

It's not Hagar and you know Ritch in that he never uses a lot of free bore.

Greg

Originally Posted By: old catOriginally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: old catI have had pretty good luck with SAS brass. I am running it pretty hot,& getting 6 to 8 loadings. Primer pockets first to go.

Greg

Not 22 Nosler .22x6.8

I figured that. The SSA I have is all old and it's what I've used in all these wildcats when I can for initial work. It does real well.

Greg

Originally Posted By: steve garrettA 6.8 case lengthened to 223 length would be cool. but it wouldn't sell because it wouldn't work well with heavy bullets

That's exactly what a 22 NOSGAR is except they give it a 30 degree shoulder. Depending on the reamer you can shoot 90's but 80's are a slam dunk.

Greg

Originally Posted By: BleedsBlueSomething like a 22 hagar/22 beast in the works?

Yes and no. It is a 22 but the case dimension are not of Hagar size. Wait a week or two and all will be revealed.

Greg

I'm sure you could get one from Ritch once we have proven the concept. This is just one of a couple things being plotted. He and I will both have less in the bank when it's all said and done.

Greg

Originally Posted By: crowkiller51Originally Posted By: Huckleberry75Following this and stuffing money under the mattress.
Careful Huck the cleaning lady might find ur Stash!!

That would be tragic!

Back