22-250

Full metal jacket bullets are illegal to hunt with in many states.

IMO,
The 22-250 is an excellent cartridge for coyotes. With proper bullets you have minimal sewing, and is more forgiving than a 17 or 20 cal producing less runners on less than perfect shots.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 17 and 20 cals, but I believe they are something you work up too, not start with. Someone said they prefer a little more time sewing and less time looking for a wounded coyote. I fully understand that.

Cost for coyote hunting is a non issue IMO also. If you shoot 20 coyotes a year, and miss every other shot, you are only talking about 2 boxes of cartridges.

Get a 22 LR to practice on paper out to 100 yards or so, if you want cheap shooting.

After you have digested all of the points made in the answers to your question. It boils down to this,the 22-250 will reach out as far most of us have abilities to make good shots and be very lethal with a decent shot. I have had the same bullet put almost no hole in the fur or blow the heck out of them. I don't have the ability to miss every bone at 200-300 YRD'S and my guess you probably don't either. Bang-Flop

Originally Posted By: shanedoggone of the best cal. available, and my favorite .22 centerfire next to the swift and the misterious .224 weatherby mag.

What's so mysterious about the "misterious .224 weatherby mag"?

Just curious....

-BCb

dam, shiz talkin mofo's, so i spelled a word wrong, just can't figure out why the .224 isn't in production anymore, that all, next time i'll play it safe and leave out any adjectives!

Back