22-250 Remington 53 Gr. Hornady V-Max

I shoot 53s out of my 1:12 twist .223 over a very stiff load of Benchmark. Based on field data they are running around the 3600fps mark, +/- a smidge maybe.
Im now waiting for the opportunatity for a 300yd shot on a coyote to see how well they perform.

Cabela's and Scheels stores carry 53 V-Max for reloading all the time here in Montana. I haven't checked lately but, I have never seen them out. Rudy

I love the country you have there in Montana Rudy, looks like great coyote hunting turf. I've been to Helena/ Great Falls/ Havre/ all the way south through Livingston to Yellowstone. Been to Scheels in Great Falls , Bob Wards in Helena , Big R- Great Falls, I envy that you guys can carry handguns out hunting anytime and wish we could, but our Gov't is close minded to it, but you can shoot gophers with a .338 lapua if you wish up here, I just don't get it. I'm in southern Alberta, and there's lots of coyotes for sure , but I sure love Montana especially the western third of the state.

Yes, It is God's country! Alberta is a beautiful providence also! I grew up in eastern Montana and it has a lot to offer for hunting and fishing if you know where to go. Rudy

I was one of the lucky ones that got a Ruger American 22 250 1in14 twist barrel I wonder if the 53gr. V-max will shoot in it? The 60gr. partitions or the 53gr. TSX won't!

According to the Hornady manual , it states 1 in 12 twist is required to stabilize 53v-max, all you can do is give it a try, you might get lucky.

Back