22-250 how long do the barrels last?

Originally Posted By: bigsky_songdogscommas Mooner, commas. hard to read that LOL

Why stop at commas. Go for the entire enchilada.

Capital letters, periods, apostrophies, paragraphs would all be kinda nice.. Some of the posts lately seem to be in some kind of secret code and seemingly understood only by others using the same code.

Scary.

but what about Prarie dogs and gophers and paper and......... dont be discriminatory, shoot them all
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: moonerjust put a new krieger barrel on mine i bought it new in 85 it has had close to 6500 rounds down it the new barrel is night and day but its not a target gun now it could be

Either someone in not using the base 10 number system or they are making barrels out of tungsten carbide now. Really; 6500 rounds out of a .22-250.......
ohmy.gif

John

All I can say is that after 800rnds in 5 days of pd shooting, I kept having to up my bullet weights to sustain any kind of accuracy until it finally ended around 1100rnds. This was with a 12 twist and I consider that pretty good. 20,000rnds is do-able........if you don't care about hitting anything.

I have a Win Heavy Varmint I have been shooting for 10 yrs. Don't know how many rds. but it has been to N.D. S.D. MT. WY. and CO. numerous times for PD's plus OR. every year for sage rats, and it still shoots in the .5's with max. load of W760, and 50 Gr. bullets. Shot in MT. once with temp. of 107, and you couldn't touch barrel, but it still shoots. I clean every 30 yds.

Originally Posted By: HecktorI have a Win Heavy Varmint I have been shooting for 10 yrs. Don't know how many rds. but it has been to N.D. S.D. MT. WY. and CO. numerous times for PD's plus OR. every year for sage rats, and it still shoots in the .5's with max. load of W760, and 50 Gr. bullets. Shot in MT. once with temp. of 107, and you couldn't touch barrel, but it still shoots. I clean every 30 yds.

So you clean it every 30 yards you shoot (for 300yds,clean 10 times) OR you clean it every 30yds you walk?

lol.gif
J/K

Back