2014 Annual PM Hunt & Convention Announcement and Registration

Originally Posted By: RhinoriderI am going to try and make it. Lots of details to work out, but I am pumped, I have always wanted to do a predator hunt out west. Hopefully I will be able to work it out soon. BTW the wife is going to come too.

Hope to see both of you there!

If your wife likes to shop at unusual type of stores, she will love the Old Mesilla area...Some good restaurants and local culture shops there...And, very easy to get to from the motel...

I had to miss last year and will probably miss this year as well, but I've always enjoyed the event...

The chance to hunt a lot of wide open land is not something we ever get to do in MO and and I'm pretty sure it's the same in WV...

The weather is usually mild but the nights can get down to freezing sometimes but it usually warms up nicely during the day.

Originally Posted By: korbenWhats the weather like down there in Feb? Could you camp out?

With the right gear, sure. Morning's are likely to be in the mid-20s, maybe dipping into the high teens. Daytime highs should be in the low 50s, maybe a bit less if there's a cold front in. It'll probably be windy though, especially by early afternoon, which sucks.

Get signed up its going to be a good time
thumbup.gif

OK guys I need some advice. I am all pumped up about attending the hunt this year, and was just online checking flights to El Paso. I have run into a serious snag in my plans that may jeopardize me coming. With all the crazy baggage fees traveling by air it seems that my gun case will be $200 each way. That's more than than a ticket itself. I am bringing my AR. Anyone have any ideas? I would drive but it is to far for the time I have off work.

I have never been charged extra for my rifle case.

I fly mostly on Southwest but I have flown Delta and American and it never cost me extra.

I only have United and American to choose from, both have the same baggage policies, I cut and pasted what they are.

Flights within and between the United States, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Canada

Overweight Baggage Charges
Checked baggage weighing over 50 lbs./23 kgs but not more than 70 lbs./32 kgs will be charged at the rate of $100 per piece.

Checked baggage weighing over 70lbs./32 kgs but not more than 100 lbs./45 kgs will be charged at the rate of $200 per piece.
Oversize Baggage Charges

Checked baggage which is larger than 62 in/158 cm will be charged at the rate of $200 per piece.

62 inches are the combined dimensions L+W+H, mine is 75 1/2

Back