2 wolves, one shot

Originally Posted By: VelvetHammerAll though a double is cool, it is not a ethical shot. And even worse it was not planned! He threw out one basic rule we teach all new shooters, Know your target and what's beyond! This same mistake on most tag based hunts could cost you your hunting privilege's.

What......

Originally Posted By: RedfrogI've hunted in the area of this hunt. It is north of the oil sands we hear so much about in the news. Lots of vehicle traffic and getting busier every year.

Here's a wolf I called and shot in that area. It used to be good for moose but with the expansion of the oil sands , a lot more men are in the area and the moose are a lot harder to come by, so the wolf numbers are down. He said in the video that he had been baiting there for 4 years before he got this opportunity.

P1010008.jpg

It definitely isn't the same as hunting coyotes.

In Alberta we have no bag limits on wolves or coyotes and residents do not need tags or licenses.

The same rules apply to non residents, except they require a hunting license and a wolf/coyote license. The licenses are about $75. Non residents also need a guide to hunt big game or wolves in Alberta.

Red frog
Very nice work there.

Originally Posted By: 243kimberOriginally Posted By: RedfrogI've hunted in the area of this hunt. It is north of the oil sands we hear so much about in the news. Lots of vehicle traffic and getting busier every year.

Here's a wolf I called and shot in that area. It used to be good for moose but with the expansion of the oil sands , a lot more men are in the area and the moose are a lot harder to come by, so the wolf numbers are down. He said in the video that he had been baiting there for 4 years before he got this opportunity.

P1010008.jpg

It definitely isn't the same as hunting coyotes.

In Alberta we have no bag limits on wolves or coyotes and residents do not need tags or licenses.

The same rules apply to non residents, except they require a hunting license and a wolf/coyote license. The licenses are about $75. Non residents also need a guide to hunt big game or wolves in Alberta.

Awesome taxidermy Redfrog! Congrats!

This work was done by a friend in Washington who comes up here to hunt. He is a true artist. A few other guys on PM have had him do work for them. Full mounts of coyotes and bobcats.It is all outstanding.

I agree with the Collateral damage!

If it were a big game animal where one would need a tag, then the guy was in the wrong!

Trust me, i would like a coyote double with one shot on every 10 stands:)

To call that an unethical shot is very revealing as to ones true out door character. You sir just to be nice must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed in the wrong way over populated city.

Originally Posted By: J.MarkTo call that an unethical shot is very revealing as to ones true out door character. You sir just to be nice must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed in the wrong way over populated city.

+++++++

Everyone has an opinion.

I have clients who do not worry about the high cost of ammo these days and fire several warning shots, and here's a guy who is saving a few bucks on ammo.

Excellent.
thumbup.gif

Back