.17 WSM WTH

I hear VQ introduced their auto loader at shot show today..... like we need a 1000 dollar auto loader right now.

The Winchester is still out there..................somewhere. I hear the last person that seen one of those was also the same person that spotted Bigfoot!

lol.gif
Oh the drama.

Actually, the wheels are turning forward on this.

Volquartsen:

Voltquartsen-17WSM-1.jpg

Franklin Armory:

Franklin-Armory-17WSM-3.jpg

New Stocks from Boyds for the B.MAG:

Boyds-BMAG-Stock-2.jpg

With Boyds making stocks for the B.MAG now, it will be interesting to see Savage's next moves. That is if you know about stuff like that...

But I'm just a "writer", so what do I know?
thumbup1.gif

Eric
cool.gif

Last edited:
Are the 17wsm ar's available yet. I have been waiting for someone to build one of these. It finally happened. Now the hard part getting my hands on one. I would be happy a 17wsm in a stainless bolt gun aslo. It sounds like that's finally coming soon also.

The Franklin Armory F-17L. The MSRP on the billet version is $1799.99. The forged M4 variant will be cheaper, but it probably won't be available until the end of Summer.

Looks like a fun AR-15!

Originally Posted By: Eric_MayerActually, the wheels are turning forward on this.

Volquartsen:

Voltquartsen-17WSM-1.jpg

Franklin Armory:

Franklin-Armory-17WSM-3.jpg

New Stocks from Boyds for the B.MAG:

Boyds-BMAG-Stock-2.jpg

With Boyds making stocks for the B.MAG now, it will be interesting to see Savage's next moves. That is if you know about stuff like that...

But I'm just a "writer", so what do I know?
thumbup1.gif

Eric
cool.gif

Savage's next move should be a heavy barrel. If they do this, I'll probably trade the old 17 HMR for one. But if I do that, how would the 17 WSM do on squirrel or rabbit!? We do love some squirrel stew in omy family.

Thank you for the information. Now that I saw this I am really hoping my builder who went out to the shot show will come up with the parts to put one together. Or bring them back with him. That would be awesome!!! If not I will on the horn with Franklin very soon.

Yeah I was hoping for a bolt. Besides the Savage for sure. Winchester or Browning really should get on this stuff. The T-bolt or a Model 52! How about Tikka/Sako? I dunno about a Ruger American but a 77 of sorts. Any lever sounds fun! Can't believe Browning doesn't even have a BL-22mag or 17? All about a Marlin as well. They need to get on advertising!

Back