Oklahoma fur buyers???

terr1952

Wanting to find out if anyone knows the person that buys your trapped and killed critters here in oklahoma. Or how to find the local guy or gal?

I use bittercreek fur company. I believe they are out of Watonga. Really honest and good guys to deal with. The gentleman I deal with is gaylen Opel.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PanyoteI use bittercreek fur company. I believe they are out of Watonga. Really honest and good guys to deal with. The gentleman I deal with is gaylen Opel.

I have always used KanOkla Fur Company

http://www.kanoklafurco.com/search/label/FurRoutes

He has fur routes where he picks up on the weekends. Check out his sight, he may close to your location..

Watonga is closer to where I live, I am gonna look into this bittercreek...

Last year I sold bobcats in the round, I got between 175-250 for my cats... I think a few were worth more than that... So honestly I can't vouch for KanOkla's prices...

Thanks Panyote...

Originally Posted By: PanyoteI use bittercreek fur company. I believe they are out of Watonga. Really honest and good guys to deal with. The gentleman I deal with is gaylen Opel.

I have always used KanOkla Fur Company

http://www.kanoklafurco.com/search/label/FurRoutes

He has fur routes where he picks up on the weekends. Check out his sight, he may close to your location..

Watonga is closer to where I live, I am gonna look into this bittercreek...

Last year I sold bobcats in the round, I got between 175-250 for my cats... I think a few were worth more than that... So honestly I can't vouch for KanOkla's prices...

Thanks Panyote...
He is the cheapest dirtiest out there with a big rotting piles of carcus strait wrst.of his house 2 miles. Very illegal and most in the area won't talk to him at all!

He is the cheapest dirtiest out there with a big rotting piles of carcus strait wrst.of his house 2 miles. Very illegal and most in the area won't talk to him at all!

is he still in business? I posted that 9 years ago and since the price has gotten so low I give my bobcats away and put coyotes in dead piles. And if something is illegal like you say why don't you report it?

I've sold fur to Bittercreek Fur Company, KanOkla Fur and Petska Fur Company out of Nebraska. I used to not like KanOkla Fur but I really can't say nothin too bad. He's bought fur from me when everyone else wouldn't on some animals. They're all decent guys I think. Or as far as I can tell.

As long as they're buying my critters they can stack carcasses 50 feet high. Don't make me no difference. Gaylen was always very fair on his prices I thought. Wish he'd start coming back up to where I live. He bought coyotes from me in the past for $50 on the hoof. Ain't got money like that anywhere else that's for sure. But at the end of the day when you figure in gas money,time and money you spend on gear you ain't making no money. You might break even on a good year.

Coyote have not been worth anything in Texas for the past 25 years. I don’t think they are even buying bobcats the last couple of years.

The only thing that’s getting bought around here are mink and muskrat for two bucks apiece. Everything else they’ve turned away the last 3 years. I still go out and rid the raccoons and possums so my turkeys, grouse, and woodcock strive. I leave all the carcasses for the Eagles and what ever else wants to eat them. Coyote and fox they aren’t buying either.

Back