Got my deer mount back today

lockrotor

Well it took some time. But I finally got my deer mount back today. It was scored 170-6/8" gross and 170-1/8" net non-typical BC. So this is now my biggest deer. It was 160-1/8" non-typical PY. Now I need to try for a bear. Hopefully a PY one.

52748393778_b537ff13fb_z.jpg

52748311575_2350570dcd_z.jpg

That is a stud of a deer… I don’t see how it’s non-typical. Looks like a typical and very symmetrical especially to have less than one inch deduction to get net.. I don’t care about net score, if he grew it count it…

It had enough length with the non-typical forks and tine to make it. I could of had it scored typical, but choose the non-typical.

Am I missing something on this Deer?? He has 3 scoreable points per side, plus inside spread and main beam length. And 4 dia per side. I would like to see the score sheet.

Nice I shot an 8 pointer in the lower part of the state last archery season. It was a little over 160” with 7” bases and a hair over 12” G2’s anf G3’s. Was 6.6” in diameter between the G2’s and 3’s and almost as thick after the G3’s. I didn’t count the 7 kickers off the back of the eye guards. A lot of dandies around the area. I was after two bigger guys and didn’t see either till the day after I shot mine while out filling doe tags. I have 7 on the wall that are between 170” to high 180”s. We are blessed in out state! Nice buck! Looks alot like the ones in my area and the ones I’ve harvested. Split G2’s are pretty common on older bucks on my property. I posted a pic of mine under our bow hunting section about Rages not opening.

To me a number is just a number but did you have it officially scored or did you measure it yourself? Don’t get me wrong it’s a really nice buck but if it’s in the 170s your photograph sure doesn’t do it justice. And on the defense for you mine from last year “to me” never did look like what it measured even though I had it scored. All the ones prior to last years buck look like monsters, but for some reason, my big perfect eight pointer never looked gigantic in photos to me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lockrotorWell it took some time. But I finally got my deer mount back today. It was scored 170-6/8" gross and 170-1/8" net non-typical BC. So this is now my biggest deer. It was 160-1/8" non-typical PY. Now I need to try for a bear. Hopefully a PY one.

52748393778_b537ff13fb_z.jpg

Guess I missed this one during my hospital stay(s) this year.

That's a buck of a lifetime, for sure. Congratulations, and good luck on the bear.

Know how you feel, the center buck measured 169 7/8, flanked on left by a 150 and right 160. That was in 2005 and I decided it was time to move on, as well. Haven't shot a buck since, switched to exotics, but coyotes are #1 on the list now.

45517384122_1a645a38fb_z.jpg

Regards,
hm

Thank you, sir. His left G3 doesn't show it in picture but it is forked near the tip much like yours, the right forks about 2" above the main beam. The measurements are nothing official, all done by the taxidermist.
Regards,
hm

Back