Triggers

I ordered my Rise trigger from Optics Planet on the 8th. I assume its coming from Illinois. I checked tracking and my trigger is in Texas. LOL, they had to go through Oklahoma to get to Texas, why didn't they just kick it out on their way through? Sure hope that it didn't ship through Rise, they are only a couple of blocks from my house. I may never get this thing if it visits anymore states.

Originally Posted By: wolverinesThe Geisselle SSA-E can often be found on sale for $150. At that price, I believe this is the best trigger you can buy for the money if you like a 2-stage.
Geissele also has their G2S trigger which is their lowest cost trigger.
Supposed to function like the SSA trigger.
I've seen these on sale for $117 and $170 regular price.

Nice to see that the Rise triggers can self-retain mil spec pins.
Not Stoner method, but better than having to add retainers to the outside of the receiver like many drop-ins require.

This actually started as a budget build. Mainly to see if I really want to mess with AR's again. I'm a died in the wool bolt guy. I've messed with AR's in the past. Had a Colt, a RRA and a couple of home built. Seems I loose interest pretty fast. The RRA spoiled me on accuracy. It was a tack driver. When I get one that most say shoots good, its not good enough and down the road it goes. I've already spent more than I planned on. Scope mount, Luth-Ar rear stock, grip, barrel, gas block and tube and waiting on a trigger. Doubt if I sell I can even break even. Buying used never is exactly how you like them so you spend money to get it "your" way only to realize its not what you wanted. I guess that what gun people do though.

Originally Posted By: wolverinesThe Geisselle SSA-E can often be found on sale for $150. At that price, I believe this is the best trigger you can buy for the money if you like a 2-stage.

This what I use and it is Rock steady and as consistent as blinking with your eye.
If there is a better trigger I haven't tried it.

I have probably 8 or so SSA-E triggers in builds and IMO they are outstanding. I've never had an issue and they are my first choice in a precision application for ARs.

That said I have no doubts Triggertech has a solid product, I have 5 in bolt guns, just never messed with an AR version.

I have a Rise single stage, a Chip McCormick drop in and a Geisselle SSA-E. All are good, but by far the best trigger I have is none other than a well-honed Rock River 2-stage that Mile Millie from Dtech did for me. Mike knew I like light triggers and he worked quite a lot to get that one just right.

If your lower grip screw hole is tapped all the way through, you can get a Joe bob grip adjuster screw(9.00) and a jp 3.5 pound spring(11.00) and have a MUCH better "factory" trigger. Save some coin.

I have 5 Rise Armament 140's and like them. I get them for 75.00 with military discount. I have a couple 2 stage at about 3.5 pounds. Their nice but I like a single stage better.

I spent years slowly working on my stock trigger, it's now finished and I love it.

I kept the heavy hammer spring but put in a light trigger spring, polished everything, bobbed the hammer, put in a trigger adjuster screw then adjusted that to nearly hairpin travel which required filing of the trigger part where it engages the safety.

It's not the lightest trigger but its smooth and almost no travel and fantastic reset. I actually prefer mine compared to all aftermarket triggers I've tried, RRAVarmint, Velocity and AR Gold. Honestly I was terrified by how lightweight and chauncy the drop in Velocity and AR gold trigger were, the AR gold especially had tiny springs and the hammer was a tiny piece of metal.

I wanted a full power hammer and I'm not a fan of the tiny hairpin triggers ether, maybe because of winter but I much prefer the meatier stock AR triggers.... but it's something to try, the AR trigger adjuster screw is $25 and the rest was fine sandpaper and a small round file, other than an air grinder to Bob the hammer with a cutting wheel.

I have hammered and pounded the gun a good bit to check how safe the trigger is but I cant get it to go off without the safety on and my hand filed safety job is fit perfect and snug without being tight at all so if I cant get the hammer to drop without the safety engaged I know the safety is going to stop everything.

Back