This peeves me!

22magnum22

I've been seeing for years now all the TV commercials for lawyers to help you in your quest to obtain financial compensation for just about everything imaginable. I usually flip the channel for a couple minutes, then return to finish whatever. The one that really gets me is when the ambulance chasers offer to pursue your case for free if they don't win your case for the government mandated compensation for the PACT Act, which is for personal damages to American veterans caused by Agent Orange, toxic burn pits and I think one more thing Why would one need a lawyer if Uncle Sam and Brandon are stepping up to do the right thing?

Follow up on my original post. The VA has just issued a statement for veterans to be aware and wary of lawyers pushing them to use their services to acquire compensation for all benefits available to them under the PACT Act. Seems redundant but sometimes because of the stalling committed by the VA in accepting claims it can appear there is no other recourse other than a law suit. I have personal friends who are withering away as a result of toxic burn pits, agent orange and bad water. Never have understood why the initial response from the VA on a claim is rejection.

Originally Posted By: 22magnum22Follow up on my original post. The VA has just issued a statement for veterans to be aware and wary of lawyers pushing them to use their services to acquire compensation for all benefits available to them under the PACT Act. Seems redundant but sometimes because of the stalling committed by the VA in accepting claims it can appear there is no other recourse other than a law suit. I have personal friends who are withering away as a result of toxic burn pits, agent orange and bad water. Never have understood why the initial response from the VA on a claim is rejection.

The biggest challenge for getting claims is the lack of manpower to process claims and the system clogged by fraudulent claims from people that was never even in any combat zone claiming PTSD because they had to eat cold chow somewhere!

Back