Cole-Tac suppressors covers

Erie660

I ordered a Cole-Tac Python cover for my 22-250 bolt gun. I did not get the Stricta cord, do I really need it? I just ordered it yesterday so I probably still have time to add it if it’s really needed. I also got the plastic buckle, not to save money but the person I talked to said the metal buckles can get hot. Is their an advantage to the metal buckles? Thanks

Last edited:
I'm a huge fan of the metal python personally, they won't potentially break or crack in cold weather. Your running it on a bolt gun so it will never get hot unless your doing something completely stupid.

I do have the stricta cords on mine but its definitely not needed for a hunting application. I have about 6 or so of the metal python with the cords and my next ones I order won't have them as they won't be used for any rapid fire or long strings with heavy recoiling rifles.

IMO they are the best and I own about most all major brands of covers.

Originally Posted By: Kino MI'm a huge fan of the metal python personally, they won't potentially break or crack in cold weather. Your running it on a bolt gun so it will never get hot unless your doing something completely stupid.

I do have the stricta cords on mine but its definitely not needed for a hunting application. I have about 6 or so of the metal python with the cords and my next ones I order won't have them as they won't be used for any rapid fire or long strings with heavy recoiling rifles.

IMO they are the best and I own about most all major brands of covers.
Thanks Kino. I called and made the change to metal buckles and they didn’t even charge me. That’s pretty good customer service.

I just received my metal Python cover from Cole-Tac a couple days ago. I’m very happy with the cover and would definitely recommend anyone looking for a cover.

Back