New Burris Veracity PH Rifle Scope - Heads-Up Display

Eric_Mayer

This optic was released at the 2023 SHOT Show. You can program the elevation turret with your ballistics via their app, which then shows the yardage in a heads-up display while you turn the turret. We ran video on it at SHOT and will be getting one in next week to use out in the field. No more looking at apps, or dope charts to figure out how many clicks you need for your turret. You range the animal, then dial the turret until it shows you the range in the heads-up display. They also have new rangefinders (including a binocular) that can work with the scope. If the battery goes out, you can still manually adjust the turret. I'll be speaking with the IDFG Chief here in Idaho on legality for big game, but everything else is legal. Here are a couple of videos on it:

Originally Posted By: Eric_MayerNo more looking at apps, or dope charts to figure out how many clicks you need for your turret. You range the animal, then dial the turret until it shows you the range in the heads-up display.
Dialing your turret while you're looking through the scope is ok from the bench but kinda weird from field positions (hunting). You'd have to laser, then look through the scope to get your dope, then dial, then shoot.

Since that system still requires a seperate laser rangefinder, I think you'd be better off having the laser display your dope. The newer Sig Kilo series lasers do it really well and have onboard atmospherics for absolute pressure and temp.

Or, just take a small drop chart to the side of your laser so all you have to do is laser and then glance down at the side of your laser to get your dope.
50092812982_216d702ef9_c.jpg

I don't like the idea of gimmicky electronics in your rifle scope, because the electronics and apps will be outdated and/or surpassed by technology in a few years making the scope a lot less useful for the cost.

Agree with some of if, my big turn off is the weight 25 plus oz. lots of stress on those mounting screws. I have used the sig system, pretty good for sure. I can't see using it on a lightweight mtn. rifle under 7 lbs. Cool idea though.

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGOriginally Posted By: Eric_MayerNo more looking at apps, or dope charts to figure out how many clicks you need for your turret. You range the animal, then dial the turret until it shows you the range in the heads-up display.
Dialing your turret while you're looking through the scope is ok from the bench but kinda weird from field positions (hunting). You'd have to laser, then look through the scope to get your dope, then dial, then shoot.

Since that system still requires a seperate laser rangefinder, I think you'd be better off having the laser display your dope. The newer Sig Kilo series lasers do it really well and have onboard atmospherics for absolute pressure and temp.

Or, just take a small drop chart to the side of your laser so all you have to do is laser and then glance down at the side of your laser to get your dope.
50092812982_216d702ef9_c.jpg

I don't like the idea of gimmicky electronics in your rifle scope, because the electronics and apps will be outdated and/or surpassed by technology in a few years making the scope a lot less useful for the cost.

We had it out for the first hunt in February for coyotes. Worked exactly as advertised. Dialing in on one coyote at 557 yards was pretty simple (you can dial in down to 1/10 MOA). Ranged it, then looked through the scope and dialed to 557 yards. Kill shot, through the chest. The same optic allows you to dial for wind, while also looking through the optic with the heads-up display. The wind holdover value for your dialed range is another option that takes some of the calculating out of the equation. It also has an internal level (also showing up in the heads-up display).

Gimmicky is definitely not what this is. Effective is a better description, IMO after actually using it. We'll have much more to come with this optic.

Originally Posted By: topweldor1Agree with some of if, my big turn off is the weight 25 plus oz. lots of stress on those mounting screws. I have used the sig system, pretty good for sure. I can't see using it on a lightweight mtn. rifle under 7 lbs. Cool idea though.

I'm a varmint hunter, so the weight isn't too much of a concern when you are shooting off a bench, or rocks, or proned out. However, I will be hauling it into the mountains next fall/winter for wolves.

I turn knobs every week, don't have an issue reading turrets nor using the reticle to measure the target distance. Then again, I still use a Timex analog watch too.

Back