Handheld Thermal Monocular

FLIR makes the TK Scout. I know a guy who has one. I looked through it and I could not see anything.
AGM also makes a couple of models in that price range but I don't have any experience with them.

In My opinion any thermal in that price range is going to be a disappointment. My advice is to save your money and get a better unit.

Used FLIR Scout 3's pop up every now and then in the $1000 range. Adorama Camera was selling new units for $1299 a month ago but that sale has expired. Price is back to $2500 now.

Everything 1tkyhunter said is spot on, save money!

Everyone getting into the game seems to want to skimp on the scanner and thats where you spend 98% of your time looking through while night hunting.

I'm running an Nvision NOX 35, but just getting into this you might not want to spend that much. Pulsar makes nice products at different price points and have user removable battery packs. I'm not a fan of any thermal scanner that has non removable batteries.

Originally Posted By: 223foxcallerSo u don't use a scanner? Just the scope?

No I have both, and so will you if you stay with night hunting!!

Everyone that is a serious committed night hunter that actually kills a lot of coyotes runs a scanner and scope.

223foxcaller,
I live in Kenbridge, less than an hour from you. I can get my hands on a FLIR TK, a Scout 3, a FLIR SCION, and I have a NOX 35 if you want to drive here and see for yourself what the difference is.
PM me for phone # and address if you want to come.

I started with just a thermal scope. Took me exactly one hunt to realize I needed a scanner. I’ve often told friends to start with a thermal scanner even if it delays getting a thermal scope. Scan with thermal and shoot with NV or even a light until you can afford both. The thermal scanner is the most important.

Originally Posted By: R. TokerI started with just a thermal scope. Took me exactly one hunt to realize I needed a scanner. I’ve often told friends to start with a thermal scanner even if it delays getting a thermal scope. Scan with thermal and shoot with NV or even a light until you can afford both. The thermal scanner is the most important.

Couldn't have put it better myself...

I just took the plunge,couple weeks ago go a thermal scope. i just got a scanner yesterday. Been a costly cpl weeks.lol

Back